Monday, April 7, 2008

WEEDS





When we first moved into this house in 1983, I wanted to grow everything possible in our yard. I was (and still am) an adventurous gardener. I'm willing to try most anything.


One year I noticed these pretty little flowers growing in spots all over the back yard. I liked the way they looked - like little lavender orchids, and decided to let them grow. BIG MISTAKE. That plant almost took over my entire back yard. Now, I know to get rid of them immediately!

I've noticed that sin is a lot like a weed. It may sometimes look pretty, but if we are not ruthless in getting it out of our life, it can quickly take over!

Best to get rid of it before it gets too deeply rooted.

I'm trying to keep my yard and my life clear of weeds. How about you?

~Elaine~

3 comments:

Tori Leslie said...

Your roses are so pretty. I can totally relate, I have little yellow dandelions popping p everywhere in my yard, I need to catch them before they get out of control.

Thanks for the reminder!

Annie said...

I have similar weeds that just keep comeing back, but I do my best to keep them under control.

Christina said...

Oh those morning glories are brutal! The only way to win is to dig them up constantly and not to leave even the smallest piece of root behind. They are so invasive. At my garden we battle marsh marigold, which are just as tenacious. It does make for a lot of mindless digging in the dirt though - good contemplation time...