Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Could It Be the Dog Days of Summer Already?




I'm going to blame the heat. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
I do have several projects going right now, but I haven't been able to make myself blog about them. One of the things I'm making is a Yellow Brick Road quilt for our older daughter. Here are the blocks all completed and ready to put together. I'll let you see what it looks like when I finish it.
I'm going to make a baby quilt in that same pattern for a niece who's expecting in October - a girl. I have the generosity of my neighbor to thank for these two endeavors. She's showed me the basics of this particular quilt and let me use her pattern. Score! Thanks, Sandy!
I'm really loving working with fabrics right now. Something about the coolness of cotton on hot days. Not that I'm out in the heat that much. Cave dweller in the air conditioning - that's me!
Hope you're finding something bearable to do right about now!
~Elaine~

No comments: