Thursday, October 2, 2008

Good Things and Not So Good


I've spent the better part of the week at the hospital with our older daughter. She was taken there by ambulance Monday night - difficulty breathing and some other issues. Doctors haven't figured out what's going on yet, so it's a time for patience and a time for believing God's promises.

The bookmark was a surprise left for me this morning by my sweet neighbor. How could she have known that it would be such a perfect time for a nice surprise?

It is tatted, not a skill I've learned, and the intricate detail just blows me away! Thanks, Sandy!



On the plus side, I had plenty of time to finish this little dishrag, and I've started another.
On the minus side - I just feel so helpless to help. Doing little things for her that she cannot do for herself doesn't seem like much. But I pray. A lot! And I know that helps, even if I don't see immediate results.

I find a lot of peace in my own back yard. There is always something pretty to see.


My aim has been to always have something in bloom.



I don't always succeed, but usually there is something if you look hard enough. :) And it helps me to have that bit of beauty stored up to take with me.

Hope you're having a good week.

Hugs and kisses,

2 comments:

Karen E. Overton said...

Will be praying with you through these difficult times. Lots of love, karen

Thimbleanna said...

Sorry to hear about your daughter Elaine. I hope she's feeling better by now and that you are too!