Thursday, October 30, 2008

Home, Sweet Home





I have really been missing in action! Sorry. As I mentioned earlier, I went to Branson, Missouri, with a group of ladies from our church to a prayer conference. Certainly this is a pivotal time in our nation's history, and in that of the world. We did pray. A lot. And I believe it will all work out in God's perfect will, and that's what we all want.

This is part of the somewhat messy (our fault) cottage I shared with two other ladies. Each cottage is self-contained with compact kitchen facilities, so we could actually come back in the evening and enjoy something we'd left cooking in the crockpot. That's a lifesaver when you're busy all day and tired at night. :)
If you're ever planning a trip to Branson, I recommend them highly: www.cardinalhillcottages.com
The ladies in my van had an unplanned adventure; we took a wrong turn and came home a different way, but it was good - beautiful scenery. This is Nimrod Lake in Arkansas.


We had such a good time, a lovely group of women, all sweeties!


And the best part of any trip for me - coming back home! My little family had made me a welcome home banner. Isn't that sweet!
I am a blessed woman, and I know it!
Now, if I can just get rid of this little upper respiratory bug I picked up I'll be happy.
Have a great day! I've missed you all.
Hugs and kisses,

3 comments:

Susan said...

I've never been to Branston but I do know the companionship of other women getting together to pray. Are not little unexpected turns exciting?

Nanette Merrill said...

Branson is somewhere I've earmarked as a place to visit - at some point. It sounds like fun.

Thimbleanna said...

I hope you're feeling better soon Elaine. It sounds like you had a wonderful retreat!