Monday, December 29, 2008

Terror in Chickenland!



Saturday night (or I should say early Sunday morning) Mr. Sweetie Pie and I were awakened to a horrible noise out in Chicken Manor. There were the most awful screams and squawks you could imagine. We went out with flashlights to see what on earth had happened.




We have a length of round wooden pole (a closet pole actually) that is the chicken roost. It had fallen and they were sure it was the end of the world. Remember Chicken Little? There they were, sleeping peacefully, and suddenly the roost just fell out from under them. You can see how they would be frightened!




Anyway, we put the pole back in place, soothed their little feathers and we all went to sleep. :)




Last night I was thinking about this incident and it struck me that we all are a lot like those chickens at times. Sometimes it just seems that our world has fallen apart, and we cry and terror seems about to overwhelm us. Then our loving Heavenly Father comes and wraps His arms of love around us, calms us, and if we'll let Him, walks with us through the problem.




Isn't it good to know that we're not alone when trouble comes!




Have a great evening.




Hugs and kisses, and lots of love,


1 comment:

Thimbleanna said...

Oooh, those poor chickens! I'm glad everything is ok and there wasn't a fox in the henhouse or something.

Thanks for the reminder about checking out library books online. I've been wanting to read that Potato Peel Society book since my book group did it and I missed that month!