Wednesday, March 4, 2009

What's in the Yard?


But only because I hung it on the edge of the chicken yard. :)




I finished this little quilt last night. I'm nowhere near the expertise level of so many of my fellow quilters, but I enjoy what I do, and I'm happy with the end results. I guess that's all that really matters when you get right down to it, isn't it?


We've got flowers on the blackberry bushes! I love blackberries. They always remind me of my childhood when we went out into the woods on my grandparents' farm and picked blackberries, and then the oozy, sweet pies and jams and jellies that followed. Good times!

The azaleas are in full, riotous bloom. Gorgeous!
These are kalanchoes that have naturalized in the front yard. We haven't had enough cold weather the last couple of years to damage them. This picture does not do them justice. The red is brilliant.

And last of all, the chickens are very sure they could thoroughly renovate the back yard. If only I'd let them out. Having seen multiple examples of their renovation - - - I'm very cautious in allowing them freedom. They mean well, and they are industrious, but they are extremely destructive! :)
`

Have a great day!
Hugs and kisses,

4 comments:

Susan said...

Exactly! I have to remember that too; I am quilting and sewing because I love it. Your quilt is lovely. I am glad you didn't leave it to the chickens.

Thimbleanna said...

Your quilt turned out great!

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

Just love those chickens. Your flowers are beautiful. Such a pretty cheery quilt! Great work! blessings,Kathleen

Millie said...

Your flowers are so lovely. I had to took at the quilt picture again, very nice. How do you make the scrapbook quilt picture?