Saturday, November 21, 2009

At Least He Was Outside


Looking outside my kitchen window this afternooon I caught a movement on the ground. When I looked a little closer I saw this little guy.

He IS cute - as long as he's out there and not in here!

It's been a cool, rainy day here today, perfect weather for staying inside and eating yummy delicious soup.

On the sewing front, I'm happy to report that I have taken the plunge and started free-motion quilting with my new sewing machine. It works like a dream. I had to drag myself away to get some sleep last night.

Today, it's working just as well. Can I just say, "I LOVE IT!!!". I am a happy camper.


I have some more done on this little project. These squares need pressing, and then I'll figure out how I want them to go in a quilt I'm making for our bedroom. I've been wanting a Christmas sort of quilt to brighten up the room. I love Christmas, don't you?


Chloe, on the other hand, prefers to be left alone. Sure she's in my chair and I'd like to sit down and get back to work, but that is beside the point. Just leave me alone, she says.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Hugs and kisses,

5 comments:

Susan said...

I think he would like to come inside. I think Chloe would like him to come inside, too. Your quilting is very nice. I've given up on free motion until I get a new machine. Mine is just too old but maybe if I am real good Santa may bring me a new one. Enjoy your soup, it looks delicious.

Thimbleanna said...

Yikes! Don't let Chloe out -- you'll have a mousy on your doorstep. Your stippling looks great -- I'd certainly never guess that you're a beginner!

Eggs In My Pocket said...

My husband has a mouse in his truck that has been getting into his spearmint gum. Mice can be so devasting to wires, yet they are so whimsical. I just love Chloe'e eyes! Have a happy Thanksgiving! blessings,Kathleen

Millie said...

Elaine, it was a good thing Chloe was inside and not outside...she could bring something inside you know. Nice quilting and the soup looks so good.

Nanette Merrill said...

Those cute tortoiseshell cats really do like their personal space. soup looks good, and thanksgiving looks great. We're on the count down now to rush to Christmas and don't we all feel it!