Saturday, January 2, 2010

A Brand New Year

We had a little visit last week from my sister, her daughter and granddaughter. We all had such a good time.
It's always fun to see how the little ones have grown, and Miss Savannah is just a delight. We were sad to see her go. She had a good time with our daughter learning how to operate the camera on her cell phone.


I can hardly believe it, but here we are - already in another year! The possiblities are endless. It's up to each one of us what we do with this new year we've been given. I look back at 2009, and it was a very good year. Lots of things were made and cooked and grown and enjoyed. There was a lot of love shared here in Muddle Manor with some of the people dearest to us. We missed seeing our baby girl all year, but she will be here for a short visit next month, so we'll be content with that.
By the way, I found the little calendar above through TipNut. She printed links to free calendars, and this is one of them. I like it!



It's time to take down the Christmas decorations, the Christmas tree and the lines of Christmas cards that have brightened our home and hearts this season. I'm dragging my feet about it, because I like looking at them.


I've made a number of these little wallets for gifts this year. I have no pictures of those I've given away so far, but I have these that I made after Christmas.



I used leftover 5" squares from Moda Charm Packs that remained from various projects.
The instructions are basically the same as the tutorial I published here almost a year ago, just a little bit bigger square as the foundation piece.

Here's a look at the ones I have right now.
I love the colors and the designs on all these fabrics.
So of course I'm happy with how the fabrics look together.
It's handy how that turns out,
isn't it? :-)
I'm making curtains for the sewing room. I had bought and put up venetian blinds, which I really like. However our daughter's cat Jack has a strange urge to eat the strings that hold the slats in place on those, so they must be replaced. I should have known better, but I thought he had reformed. Silly me.
I have so many plans and desires for the new year. Don't you? It will be fun to see what we can accomplish!
Hugs and kisses,

8 comments:

Margaret said...

I like your purses, it is nice to be able to whip up a few things in a short time and be pleased with what you have achieved. Thanks for stopping by.

Oiyi said...

Happy New Year! Those little wallets are so cute. I really like the pairings of the fabric you used.

Thimbleanna said...

Those are adorable Elaine! I love the fabrics you've used!

Susan said...

Happy New Year, Elaine! I had to stop by your place first. Looks like you had a wonderful December Christmas with family and still sewing up a storm. Well, here's to a wonderful 2010 blogging with good friends!!!

Nanette Merrill said...

How cute Elaine. I love the little wallets. I always have left overs and never know what to do with them.

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Oh love the caledar and the colorful little wallets! So sweet! I know I have so many things that I want to get done as well. I hope you have a fun and blessed year in all that you do. blessings,Kathleen

Brenda Kay Ledford said...

Elaine,
I like your purses. They are pretty and you are such a talented person. I'm glad your sister, her daughter, and granddaughter could visit. I've gotten my Christmas decorations down and I hope you have a very Happy New Year.

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I always enjoy finding new ones and your is great! Love those wallets and the red stripe in your quilt was perfect!

Have a great New Year and enjoy creating!