Monday, November 15, 2010

Baking Day

             
It is really cool and pleasant here today, so I decided early this morning to have a baking day.  First I made my favorite fruit bread.

This time I used dried cherries, blueberries, cranberries, raisins and golden raisins.  YUM!


Next was a loaf of white bread.  I did the first stages in the bread machine and then let it rise again in its pan and baked it in the oven.


And finally, I baked a batch of whole wheat rolls.  I substituted honey for the sugar in their recipe.  Again the first steps in the bread machine and then forming, letting rise and then baking in the oven.  We had these for lunch and they were really good.  I brushed melted butter on them while they were still warm.


Tonight, it's dripping a little light rain outside, but still pleasantly cool.  Through the open back door the fragrance of these angel trumpets is just heavenly!



Meanwhile, back in the sewing room I am still avoiding this little pile of fabric cut out and waiting for me to get busy with it......  I think it's taunting me....

Have a great evening!

Hugs and kisses,

5 comments:

Susan said...

Thnaks for the dinner roll recipe; your pictures made me hungry and I should do some baking myself. I've tinkered in the sewing room this morning and made a new block...more to come.

Brenda Kay Ledford said...

Elaine,
The bread, the cake, everything looks so good. I would love to eat some. Your fabric is lovely. I can't wait to see what you do with it. Your flowers are still pretty. It's been raining here today, but this afternoon the sun is shining. I'm so glad the sun came out. It sure makes me feel much better. Have a delightful week.

Nanette Merrill said...

Elaine you can do it all, can't you! Love that about you.

Thimbleanna said...

Wow, your white bread is nice and smooth and amazing! Yum, Yum, I want to live at your house!

Oiyi said...

All the bread looks fantastic. I love home made bread.