Thursday, November 25, 2010

They're Everywhere

                                  
Quilts, that is.  We went up to visit our daughter in the hospital this afternoon and look what's in the lobby.

Obviously, it's been there for quite a while.  I don't know why I never noticed it before.  You can hopefully see from the plaque above that each unit at Methodist Hospital designed their own square, which was then made into this quilt.


Pretty neat, huh?



What I like even better than the quilt is this beautiful artwork of the true Healer.

I took our baby girl in to the emergency room on Tuesday afternoon.  Her pulse rate was very high and she had an irregular heartbeat.  After many tests and procedures it seems that what caused it was not a heart problem, but rather her body's reaction to an infection flaring in her lungs and the resulting pain.  Antibiotics are running, yet again, and she should be back home next week.  God is good! 

I hope you have all had a wonderful day here in the States celebrating Thanksgiving, and those of you in other places doing what most makes you happy.

I am thankful for you all - the wonderful friends I've met here in blogland!

Hugs and kisses,

7 comments:

Annie said...

Hugs Elaine, hope all goes well. Good on you for seeing beautiful things all around.

Margaret said...

Hospitals are connected with anxiety and to be aware of visual reminders of faith and beauty are always a comfort. Hope all is well now.

Thimbleanna said...

Oh No! I hope your daughter is healing quickly -- that must've been scary. That quilt is really pretty!

Eggs In My Pocket said...

So glad that your daughter is doing better and that nothing was wrong that could not be fixed! Have a blessed week. blessings,Kathleen

Millie said...

Wow, great post Elaine. I love the quilt inspired by the hospital.
I hope your daughter will get well soon. Sorry to hear she had to go to the emergency room on Tuesday.

Oiyi said...

Glad to hear that she is on the mend. Best wishes to you and your family for her speedy recovery.

Nanette Merrill said...

Ok, now that is cool.