Friday, May 27, 2011

One Finished, More to Go

Last night I had my latest Circle Quilt all quilted, trimmed and the binding ready to sew.


These little blues are still on my design wall.  I really don't know where I'm going with them or even if I'm going anywhere.  I just like to look at them.


Also on my design wall are the half square triangles.  I had a little case of goofing off to play with them for a while.  'Cause that's just what we do, isn't it?


I have a new project all cut out for a shower next Saturday.  That one just got moved to the front of the line.  LOL  It's from the Tricia Cribbs' pattern, Twisting Turning Twenty.  This is in the book, Turning Twenty Just Got Better.
I read about this book at the wonderful Wanda's Exuberant Color.  Seriously, this woman inspires me every time I visit her blog!


Aaannnnnnnndddd....................drumroll, please.  A finish!


The Circle Quilt is finished and washed and dried and lovely crinkly.  It is for Mr. Muddling's sister who has been so kind to procure loads of lovely fabric for me.  It's the least I can do.  Her only suggestion was that she likes purple.  I gave her a lot of it!  Hope she likes it as much as I do.

I'm missing our little girl.  She's twenty-seven years old, but she'll always be my baby.  That's how mothers are.  We had a good visit, and now she's back in New York.  That's a long way from home.  Maybe one of these days she'll move closer.  I hope.  For now, I'll just be glad Miss Ru is still here with us.

It's very hot here, but beautiful nonetheless.  Our little chick is still the only one, but she is thriving and being well taken care of by her two mothers.  (They have no clue who the actual mother is, but since they were both on the nest - they both claim her.  LOL)


Hope your weekend is wonderful!!!

Hugs and kisses,

5 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

WooHoo! A beautiful finish! Looks like you have lots of fun projects to keep you busy -- good luck on the baby quilt!

Margaret said...

Drum roll --- Bring out the orchestra ---- Stunning and so many other projects on the go. Great work.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That is a lot of purple goodness. If she really likes purple she will love it.
Have fun with the Turning Twenty variation!

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Beautiful quilt. I can completely understand how you feel. My daughter flew home from Hawaii to be with us at our son's graduation, and now she has flown back home.......sigh..... So glad your little chick is doing well!

Oiyi said...

Wow, the circle quilt turned out beautifully!