Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Nachos Especiales









Tonight we had some nachos especiales (special nachos).  This is a 12" pan and this is how it looks before baking.


And this is what these nachos look like after baking. 

It's a very easy recipe.  You simply spread a layer of tortilla chips on a baking pan.  Glop on some refried beans. (Yes, "glop" is a technical term.  It means to use a spoon and sort of sling a bit of refried beans on as many of the chips as you possibly can.)  (Sorry, it's late and I'm a bit silly.)  Anyway, then add a layer of cooked meat (I used ground beef tonight), guacamole (I had an avacado left over so I just mashed that together with a tomato and some lime juice), a layer of sour cream, a few good sprinkles of shredded mozarella cheese, and a layer of Velveeta (process cheese product).  Pop into the oven and heat just until the cheese is melted and bubbly.  This was three very generous servings for Mr. Muddling, Miss Ru and myself tonight.  Oh, my - it was good!


I was very happy to receive these goodies in the mail before the Fourth of July holiday.  I have so enjoyed Kim Brackett's Scrap Basket Sensations that I had to order this one as well.  I see several projects in here that I want to get started.  And yes, I bought some more fabric, too.


These little babies were a gift.  They are flannel squares, about 8 inches square.  There was also some other flannel material with them.  Hmmmm....we'll have to see what develops from those.  I'm thinking they would make a mighty nice, warm quilt for winter time.  Though it is pretty hard to imagine being cold right now.  LOL


And just because I love you, I'll show you my less-than-perfect kitchen window.  Not perfect, but for sure a lot of things that make me smile.  And when you're washing dishes, every little bit helps!

Hope you're finding lots to smile about, too!

Hugs and kisses,
                                               

7 comments:

Margaret said...

Munch Munch, lead me to the Nachos, Haven't had nachos for years .So many pretty pieces there to work on, and the fig jam looks good to.

Susan said...

I love a good glop...LOL! My kids make fun when I say "dollop" now I'll add "glop". That nacho sure looks yummy.

Oiyi said...

I am drooling over the Nachos Especiales! Thanks for sharing.

Annie said...

I love nachos we had se last week

Brenda Kay Ledford said...

What a nice surprise for the 4th. The book looks great. I love the colorful flannel squares. They will be nice and warm for winter. Your plants are so pretty. They looks real healthy. I hope you have a great weekend.

MulticoloredPieces said...

Greetings from Tunisia where it's over 100 F. today! Talk about sticking close to the AC! So I've got some time to look at blogs and Just came across your fun blog--enjoyed the quilts, animals and garden.
best, nadia

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Now you have me hungry! I love scrap quilts. Cant wait to see what you create!