Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Decisions, Decisions


I've been absent from my 1930's Reproduction quilt.  Instead I've been playing with my birthday present, my GO! cutter.  I've been sewing drunkard's path blocks and trying different layouts.  Still haven't decided.  Except that I'm pretty sure I'm not going to do the one with the small drunkard's path blocks mixed in with the larger ones.  (Pay no attention to that strip of 1930's trying to make me feel guilty.)  I really  need a bigger design wall.  If I only had a place to put one!


I have five rows completed on the 1930's repro, but I figure I'll need fourteen rows total, so I have a long way to go.


I've been cutting the leftovers from the drunkard's path blocks into more of the 2" X 3 1/2" blocks and also into strips for another string quilt.  As you can see, Chloe has been carefully supervising my work.  She doesn't look very impressed, does she?

We are really enjoying slightly cooler weather here.  It is quite refreshing after the extreme heat we've had for the past month.  Still no rain.  We really need it.  There are a lot of wildfires in Texas right now.  People have lost their homes, and the firefighters, too, could really use prayer.  We haven't had weather this dry since the 1950's.

Hope all is well in your world, and that you are finding lots that makes you happy.

Hugs and kisses,
                                                   

10 comments:

Margaret said...

Both quilts look pretty neat and with you new toy , it must give you a thrill. I have been watching the news about the fires in Texas, Fires are always heart renching to view. God Bless America.

Karen said...

You have been busy! Look at all those blocks. Have fun playing and rearranging!

Anonymous said...

Grace and Favour for America.

1930's and the Drunkards Path looking very good - agree about the small bit. AND, continue to enjoy the GO! cutter.

Thimbleanna said...

Someone's been playing with her Go! You're too funny too -- I have quilts that sneak into the shot trying to make me feel guilty too -- I put them in the corner with their back to the room LOL.

I'm thinking about ordering one of those portable design walls. I have lots of bookcase space and I'm thinking I'll pop a temp wall up in front of them. We'll see.

I hope some rain will come your way -- too bad you didn't get a little relief from the tropical storm!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

More play, more inspiration! Those who don't play are bored. Don't feel guilty, just play away. The 30s fabric quilt will be a good one to just build in between other projects.

Susie Swanson said...

Both are beautiful. You have been very busy .We all need to play every now and again. It keeps things exciting..Susie

*karendianne. said...

Wow! I love your DP's! What fun you're having and I'm thrilled, I mean absolutely thrilled to see Chloe supervising. She cracks me up.

quiltjude said...

Love the cat and your work too! thank you for stopping by my blog :) happy sewing

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Love the pretty colors and Chloe. We are in the same desperate situation as you, although we are not close to the fires yet. I agree, this is such a hard time on us Texans. blessings,Kathleen

Nanette Merrill said...

Your works in progress are a delight. I love to see Chloe.