Monday, September 19, 2011

A Public Service Reminder

Driving toward beautiful downtown Houston this morning I was reminded


That it's only a little over six weeks until

             International Quilt Festival
             George R. Brown Convention Center
             Houston, Texas
             November 3-6, 2011











And of course, Quilt Market is October 29 - 31, but I am neither a vendor nor a buyer (try telling Mr. Muddling that!), so I can not go to that one.

And then once again I sat outside the lab and waited for Miss Ru to finish getting yet more of her blood drawn for tests.  (I don't know why I called this a potholder last time I showed it.  It is a dishrag in the making, and though it looks blue, it is quite purple.  Waiting at doctor's offices is the only time I work on crochet in the warmer weather usually, so it has grown slowly.  And that's a good thing.)


The view outside.  We had another little shower this morning.  Glory to God!  The rain is just so welcome here right now!  It had stopped raining by the time we headed to the Medical Center and you can see by the first pictures on this post - it was already clearing up quite nicely.  Ru has a couple of weeks of IV antibiotics ordered by her doctor and the nurse is here right now getting her set up for that. 


Ruthie had to fast for the blood work this morning, so she was starving by the time we finished at the doctor's.  We decided to treat ourselves to lunch at Luby's.  Sorry, I didn't think to take a picture until I had started.  (I was a little bit hungry, too.)  That chocolate pie you can just get a glimpse of in the upper left is Ru's.

This cherry pie was mine.  I did save half for Mr. Muddling though.  It was so good!


In other news, Bruno and I had to have a little talk with Ray this afternoon.  When I went into the chicken pen this morning to be sure they had food and water, Ray decided I had no business there and proceeded to fly at me as I left.  I was not hurt.  At all.  But.  No one that I feed is going to attack me!  I hope he understands now.  We'll see.

Hope all is restrained and contained in your world.  LOL

Hugs and kisses,
                                                            

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I attended the show in 2004 and 2009 and had a blast. I had a wonderful yummy Italian dinner somewhere nor terribly far from the hotel last time but can't remember the name of the restaurant. Have fun at the festival!

Thimbleanna said...

Oh shoot -- market is just around the corner -- I'm betting "someone" isn't going to be ready and we'll be in a last minute rush LOL. It's always SO much work but SO much fun and totally worth all the work.

Is Luby's the kind of place that discriminating Australian tastes would appreciate? They didn't like IHOP at midnight in SLC LOL!!! (Ok, it even scared me a bit except that I got a yummy waffle!)

Oiyi said...

I hope Ray knows that you should not bite the hand that feeds you. :-)

Karen said...

I have a friend who is flying over to go to the Quilt Market this year. I can't wait to hear all her news and to see what she orders for her shop.
It looks to me like you may have a rooster who is on limited time!!
Good luck to both of you.

Nanette Merrill said...

Darn roosters. When they attack my husband that is the end of them - nuff said.

Your lunch looked amazing.

You've got to go to quilt market. Wrangle a way! You're right there.

Susie Swanson said...

You go to that quilt market.. I can't stand a rooster to do that..my mom would take care of them in a heartbeat..

Eggs In My Pocket said...

I would love to go the quilt show there! Pretty rooster.........I have one that is trying to bully me around also. blessings,Kathleen