Thursday, October 13, 2011

Still

Ray is still alive.  Mainly because in spite of everything, I still like him.


Claude is still looking at me narrowly, even though I feed him at least twice a day.

Bruno is still smiling as he accompanies me everywhere he possibly can.

The chickens are still overwhelmingly happy to get out into the back yard and scatch in the dirt, eat anything that looks edible (and spitting it back out if it's not), and running and playing and having a good time every chance they get.


The Angel's Trumpets are still dripping off the bush at the back door.  (I'm happy to say!)  The fragrance in the evenings is just absolutely wonderful!   Wish I could somehow add it to this post, but we do not have that option yet.  LOL

The Crosses quilt is still on the design wall, though I did get the first three vertical rows totally sewn together earlier today.

And I found this delicious looking cupcake fabric at one of my favorite ebay seller's store.  Since this quilt is going to a maker and seller of cupcakes, it seems fitting.

I hope the things that are good for you are STILL good, and that the things that are not good for you are gone!

Hugs and kisses,
           

7 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

The Angel's Trumpets are interesting. Fragrance at this time of year is a bonus. We don't have anything left that smells good. I hope Ray behaves himself. He looks like a good addition to your yard.

Margaret said...

We have Sweet Peas out now and their perfume is from heaven also. Another good looking quilt.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the perfume, none in our garden just now.

*karendianne. said...

Oh friend, what a great post. I love each and every aspect!!! It's all good and you're a fun fun quilter. I love seeing the crosses quilt out here. You make it look like a 'piece of cake'. ;0

Karen said...

I like the idea of the cake fabric in the borders. Very nice.
Good to see that the menagerie is behaving!!

Susie Swanson said...

I'm glad everyone is still ok. Love those Angel Trumpet, have some myself. I don't think mine will last to much longer, old Jack Frost will make a big appearance soon. We've already had some scattered . Hope you have a nice weekend..

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Your posts just seems to say "Life is good!" Your little dude rooster will calm down soon. Love the pretty quilt. blessings,Kathleen