Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Melbourne Apron

 I was thinking about all the cooking my sister and I are going to be doing tomorrow and I decided that I needed a new apron.  And then I remembered that pretty tea towel Margaret sent me.


And then I remembered some fabric I had bought recently.

And now I have a new apron!  Thanks again, Margaret!  I'll think of you while I'm cooking.


 I wanted to give you a little peek into the quilt I'm working on now (between cooking and cleaning, of course).  First you sew four strips together, then you pair them with another set.




 Right sides together.



 Make a diagonal cut through
both strip sets.  Then sew together
along each diagonal side.
Press seams open and look - two totally different looking blocks from those two strip sets.

It is such a fun quilt to make.  Which is a good thing, because I have several more to make. 

I do hope you will each and every one have a wonderful Thanksgiving Day on Thursday.  I know that all countries do not celebrate, but wherever you are it's still a good time to stop and thank God for all your blessings.

You know I love you and I am thankful for you!

Hugs and kisses,

6 comments:

Karen said...

Great idea to use for an apron. And of course I love it even more because it is my state capital!
I really like the way these blocks turn out using simple strips. Great colours, too.
Enjoy the coming holiday.

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, and glad to see you will wear a proper apron for your preparations ;-)

Margaret said...

Thats a great looking apron, you have made, have a great day cooking with your sister. What a neat idea ,for scraps, can't wait to get out to the scrap box.

Susan said...

wonderful apron and I'd love to be in your kitchen tomorrow--Have a blessed Thanksgiving, my friend!
Also, that is a fabulous looking block you've made.

Oiyi said...

Cute apron! And thank you for the block tutorial.

Nanette Merrill said...

Oh wow! I love that quilt. I have strips I could easily make something like that with. Great idea. And a great apron. I love aprons and wear one all the time.