Saturday, December 17, 2011

What A Glorious Day!

Today is a gloriously beautiful day, like one of the best of Autumn, even though it is past the middle of December.  I'm just enjoying it, no matter the date!

See that lonely black fig up there?  There are a number of them still holding on the fig tree by the chicken yard.  The birds are happy and when the figs fall and a chicken finds it, the chickens are happy, too.  Because one chicken never gets to keep it.  There is always at least one run, tackle, fumble, run before the gobble.


I moved one of the plastic garden chairs over to Claude's side of the yard and sat out there with him for a little while.


It's such a pretty and peaceful bit of solitude, and I like to be in it when I can.  We have some much colder weather due in next week, so I don't know how long it will look like this out there.  Have to enjoy it while it's still here.


We had a lovely surprise earlier today when Mr. Muddling answered the doorbell.  My sister and her husband sent us this beautiful Christmas arrangement.  As you can see, Joseph (Chloe, of course, but we call her Joseph because like him - anything that is done, she has the doing of it.) had to inspect it.  I couldn't get a very good picture of it inside.



So I took it out in the back yard where the light is so much better.  Isn't it a gorgeous thing!

And just look at that gerbera.  I don't know why it's so hard to get a true picture of things that are red, but these are a brilliant red.  There is no pink or orange to them, even though it looks like there is in the photos.


There are a couple of pretty little dogwood flowers in the flower bed behind them.  I don't think they are supposed to bloom until Spring.  Everything is a bit confused in the weather right now.



I had a complaint from Bruno.  He's pretty tired of me going on and on about cats.  What about me?  So here he is, my almost constant companion and friend.
(He's actually looking out the back door here, itching to get out there and chase Claude!!)

We're getting close, people!  I mailed off all the Christmas cookies last night.  Glory to God!  So glad that is done.  Hope your doings are getting done.

Hugs and kisses,

3 comments:

Karen said...

I agree. Enjoy that lovely weather while you can, especially knowing what is around the corner. And Claude appears to have enjoyed the company.
Love the flower arrangement- all those gorgeous red flowers!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

it looks like a summer day there to me! We had snow on the ground this morning, just some left on the grass now. Beautiful bouquet. Flowers lift our spirits so much.

Thimbleanna said...

Very pretty flowers Elaine -- and well deserved, I'm betting! I love that you went to sit out with Claude -- he's a lucky boy. Enjoy the good weather!