Thursday, March 15, 2012

Intersections

When I was pressing the seams on these blocks last night I started thinking about the ways that different lives intersect.

I started blogging in the fall of 2007, after I discovered this wonderful blogging world of whose existence I had been ignorant.  I have "made things" all my life, both out of necessity and just for the plain old joy of doing it.  But it had seemed to me for some time then that making things was completely out of favor, something that only strange people did.  Reading blogs, I found that a whole LOT of talented and resourceful women (and men) were making all sorts of things.  What a blessing you have all been to me.  I've learned so much from you, and I'm still learning.  More importantly, I'm having fun, and I'm only a little strange!  (That's my story and I'm sticking to it.)

     Speaking of strange, am I the only one who finds it a bit strange to see the Holy Mother guarded by two large chickens on the back window of a pickup truck?


I have finished the first of these quilts.  (I'm making two, almost alike, for a husband/wife.  I wanted them to be very similar.)  The one on the left only needs the border sewn on and it will be ready to get quilted.  The one on the right still has more blocks that are growing to be added.  It's pretty crowded here in my little sewing room with those two design walls, but I have to say that I like having them.  It's kind of neat to see two of them so alike side by side.

The fund raiser at our church last Sunday went very well for the youth group.  I did make a lemon meringue pie, but it was not as pretty as I had hoped it would be, so I sacrificed and bought it myself.  And we enjoyed it.  A lot.

My younger sister is visiting tomorrow with her youngest granddaughter, so a busy day for me.  It will be good to see them.  We don't see each other nearly often enough, though we both do live in Texas.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Hugs and kisses,





7 comments:

Karen said...

I must agree that since discovering the world of blogging I have found a lot of inspiration from many amazing people. Love it!
Your quilts are looking so good. Love the idea o f the two of them with only a slight variation in colour.
Lemon meringue - yum!

Anonymous said...

I started my first blog in Jan 2007 and I certainly agree with your comments. We can find so much sisterhood and inspiration among the bloggers.
Such pretty quilts in the making. And that pie looks super yummy!

Thimbleanna said...

Isn't the blog world amazing? I'm always astounded at all the help I get too. Those intersections (and quilts) are looking mighty fine Ms. Muddling!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Isn't it wonderful that we can share what we make with such a receptive audience in the blogging world?

2 design walls are great, much better than one.

Elaine Adair said...

After several years of immense difficulty in my life, I also decided that the rest of my life was going to be FUN and PLEASANT! If it wasn't pleasurabe, I'm NOT going to do it! So far, so good.

So enjoy what you do, I sure agree about learning from bloggers and all they do to ADD to MY life. And the window with the chickens? no, I don't quite get it, but it IS humorous! LOL

Nanette Merrill said...

What a cute post. Loved it. Have fun with your sister. The pie looks great. I'm so glad we intersected our seams together.

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Loved your words on this and yes, so thankful to blogland for all of the common threads we find! I love the chickens on the truck..........but I don't get the message with the Holy Mother. Love the quilts and the pie!!