Friday, July 27, 2012

Cobbled



I finished the little mug rug I was working on earlier.




Then my eye fell on a pile of leftover bits trimmed from a quilt I made long ago.  That particular fabric happens to be one of my favorites of all time.  And I do so hate waste.



I started sewing the strips together, making them fit somehow.  I think cobbled is a very accurate word for what I did with them.

But it was a lot of fun!

And now I have another mug rug to stay right here and make me smile every time I see it.

I do hope you are doing something that makes you smile!!!

Hugs and kisses,


5 comments:

Karen said...

Your mug rugs are fun. Lovely to see them.
Sorry to hear that Ru is not well again. I will be thinking of you and your family and sending lots of on-line hugs.

Annie said...

Love what you've done with some of you most favorite scraps

Margaret said...

And looks so nice and bright, beauty all round hmm square.

*karendianne. said...

WOW! That's awesome, Elaine.

Melanie said...

catching up on posts-- lack of sleep do to the new puppy... I just love the colorful piece....It's like scraps multiply, right?!?!