Monday, July 23, 2012

It's a Jungle Out There!

I am SO thankful for the rain we've had lately, and so are all the growing things in our yard.  The flowers and trees and gardens are all so much happier this summer than they were this time last year.

Here's a closer look at the Angel's Trumpets outside our back door.  You really have to be quick to get any photos taken because as well as the trees and plants and flowers, the mosquito population has also been happy with the rain.  They are fat and sassy, and there are a LOT of them!  As I saw on Pinterest, it's too bad mosquitoes don't suck fat instead of blood.  Seriously, they would have taken a few pounds at least off me by now.

So, this is another view from inside where it's safer.  lol

There is progress on the string quilt.  Those flower cuts are just sort of sitting there right now.  Still thinking about them.  And I've got more.  I sort of like them.  What do you think?





And while I know it's not the best example, I did have fun playing around with some of my smaller strings last night.  That's batting peeping out beneath it. I'll maybe get it quilted tonight.  Should make a pretty good mug rug, huh?

I just clipped Chloe's claws.  Can you tell that she is NOT amused?

There have been some things going on in our lives that have not been pleasant in the least.  Nothing any of us have done, just what's being done to us and by people that we've loved and trusted.  Oh well.....

Sewing is good therapy, as so many of us have discovered.

Hope you're being treated well and having fun!

Hugs and kisses,

9 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

We haven't had many mosquitos this years so I guess that is one on the bright side for a drought! I'm enjoying all of your greenery though.
I like the flowers on the quilt, a bit of whimsey.

When I first saw the scrap quilt block I felt like I had made it, it looked so much like my scraps! It will make a great mug rug.

You are brave clipping those claws. I hope she was mellow even though she's not amused.

I hate mean people and wish they would give themselves a dose of what they are handing out before they try it on someone else.

Karen said...

It is good to see all the green growth. Hope it can stay that way.
Yes, unfortunately the mosquitoes do love it, too.
Your string blocks are looking great. The flowers look fine - a bit of fun.
I hope your week turns positive and keep that sewing therapy going.

Margaret said...

If mossies sucked fat I would be as thin as a match, I am their magnet. Want a lift go to Jennyofelefantz blog and read her
elefantz walk blog inspirational you bet.

BJ said...

I love the string quilt!!

MulticoloredPieces said...

Hi, Elaine. Bee-yu-tiful garden. The purple on your string quilt is really striking.
best, nadia

Annie said...

Love your angel trumpets...I might have to plant one of those! I'm playing with strings as well...it's fun hey!

Thimbleanna said...

Shoot! Blogger has been such a pain in the last few days -- only showing some of everyone's photos -- in your case I can't see Chloe or the Angel Trumpets! Looks like you're keeping busy and having fun -- yipee!

Eggs In My Pocket said...

I just love your jungle! We have gotten rain, but still no mesquitoes...........that's OK, don't need any. So good you are getting rain. Such a vibrant beautiful quilt! Poor Chloe....how do you manage to clip her clawa without getting hurt? For whatever valley you are going through at this moment, just know you are lifted up in prayer! Hang in there.

Oiyi said...

What a great garden! I hate mosquitoes with a passion. Stay safe from them.