Monday, July 9, 2012

Monday, Monday

I spent a lot of time when I was younger listening to The Mamas and The Papas.  And it IS Monday.
 I'm doing a little different quilting on this one.  I don't know exactly how it will all turn out, but so far I like it.

This quilt is too big to fit on my quilting frame, so I am doing half of it at a time and will then join it together.  I have one half quilted.  I just hope it works!  Muddling again.


Meantime, I have another, smaller top ready to be loaded and quilted.  It is for a friend at church who is going through some challenges in her health and family.  I believe this will be a comfort to her, a tangible evidence of God's love and care (and mine).

This was taken several days ago.  The girls do so love to get out and stroll through the back yard and see what's new.  And I like watching them, so it's a good deal all around.

We've been having some wonderful rain the past few days, today, too, and the ground is just drinking it in.  It looks as if the plants and trees and grass are all saying a great big, THANK YOU!  I'm just enjoying the slightly cooler weather.  Those really hot days were a strain on everyone.

I hope you're having lots of fun and good times and pleasant weather where you are.  'Cause you know I love you!

Hugs and kisses,



7 comments:

Glenda said...

Oh, my! Your quilt is so beautiful! If that is "muddling," you surely do a wonderful job of it :) I love seeing your chickens roaming in your yard . . . brings back memories of growing up.

Annie said...

Love that last picture!

Karen said...

I am so pleased you have been having some rain. It makes such a difference. Love the idea of quilting your top in two parts, that makes so much sense. That's also a lovely quilt for your friend.
Glad to see the chooks still enjoying the garden.

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Lovely quilts. I love the fabric squares in the first pic! Chickens just make a yard.......don't they?

Thimbleanna said...

That quilting looks really cool -- isn't it fun to try something different? Send some rain to us -- we're having a Houston summer and we're not liking it!!!

BJ said...

Oh, I am wondering how you will join the two halves together! I shall wait for updates on that one. I am glad you are getting the rain you need, and SO glad that we are not getting rain! I do love to see pictures of your chickens...such a peaceful scene. Love you too! ~Bonnie

Goku shrestha said...

its raining here in kathmandu non-stop too !