Thursday, July 12, 2012

Raining

We are still having rain.  It seems to be either feast or famine sometimes, doesn't it?  

So far, the plants are all still loving it.

Although I did notice a little toadstool village has sprung up in the front yard. 

Of course, rain means I have to stay inside more and that means more sewing, so it can't be all bad.  I finished this little quilt for our niece's youngest daughter, Miranda.  It's been quilted for a while now, I just needed to add the binding and I got that done last night.

I've had this fabric for a long time.  There just didn't seem to be the right project to put it into, but I think it works well for the backing of this little girl's quilt.


I also got our niece's quilt quilted last night.  I'll try to get the binding on tonight.

And I used my Go cutter to cut some of the men's shirting prints I was given recently.  I've got them up on the design wall.  I think they'll turn into a quilt for a little boy who is still living in his mommy's tummy.

There is another quilt I finished recently, but I'll save that for another post.

I hope you're finding plenty to keep you busy!

Hugs and kisses,

5 comments:

Susie Swanson said...

Oh I know what you mean about the little Toadstools..They are taking over my yard too.. we've had lots of rain this week, in fact a little to much..I love your quilts..The girls quilt is so pretty and that little baby's quilt is adorable..Happy Quilting, Susie

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I heard on the noon news that Houston had gotten over 2" of rain. We haven't seen that much since early May.
It's not all bad to have to stay inside for us creative people!

Karen said...

Make the most of the rain as you don't know when it will come again!
Love the backing you have used for the quilt for your niece's daughter. It's very sweet. And good luck finishing your niece's quilt, too.
Have fun with all the shirt prints.

Thimbleanna said...

Rain! You lucky girl! It's still dry as a bone up here. Looks like you're getting a lot of quilts done -- Yipee!

Melanie said...

We could use the rain--- love those plaids...makes my heart sigh.....