Saturday, October 13, 2012

Stars Quilt


I finished putting the binding on this one last night and as soon as I get a label made for it, it's ready to go.  I love it.  There are so many of my favorite fabrics in it, and what can I say - there's a lot of red!

The back. 
 
There were two couples who really reached out to us a couple of months ago when our family went through a tough time.  This quilt is for one of those couples.  We'll be seeing them later this month and will give it to them then.  I hope they like it.  I believe in blessing those who bless me.

Out in the garden the mustard greens and turnip greens are starting to make themselves seen.  I can almost see the chickens licking their lips (if they had any) already. 
 
 

The other night I went back into the bedroom for something and turned on the light.  You can see that I had just tossed my jeans there on the bed when I changed, and Miss Chloe had settled herself in for a little nap.  She was NOT pleased when I turned the light on.  If you look closely, you can see that one eye glaring!

I attended a baby shower this morning and both of the baby quilts shown in the last post were delivered, petted and admired.  A few of the younger women there asked if I would teach them to make quilts.  I would love to do that.  Perhaps that would be a way to use those old sewing machines Mr. Muddling is refurbishing for me.  I do love sewing on those!  Matter of fact, I'm planning to do some sewing on my treadle machine this afternoon.

It's still summer here in Houston, but I can feel Fall in the air early in the morning and late at night.  It's coming!

For those of you who are enjoying Autumn already, I wish you joy, and for those in the other hemisphere who are welcoming Spring - joy as well!

My love to you all!

Hugs and kisses,

9 comments:

Sheila said...

I love your star quilt. I see a lot of KF fabrics in it and I love red, too. They will love it. I'm not surprised they young mothers were happy with the the sweet baby quilts. Enjoyed the pic of Miss Chloe :D

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Lot's of red- lots of beauty! I love red too.

I think that is a great opportunity to teach some younger women about quilting. They will have a built in stress reliever for their futures.

*karendianne. said...

What a treat to see Chloe. "I believe in blessing those who bless me." This quilt and then an opportunity to teach - a whole lot of blessings.

Susie Swanson said...

Your quilt is beautiful and I know the couple will be overjoyed to have it.. Your greens looks good.. I'm waiting patiently for ours to get big enough to eat..Hope you are having a nice weekend, Susie

Karen said...

I do like stars on quilts and yours looks great.
I am so pleased the baby quilts were appreciated.
I think it is wonderful that some young ladies are keen to learn to quilt. What a fantastic opportunity to pass on your knowledge.
Good luck.

Thimbleanna said...

Stars are among my favorite quilts and your quilt is fab! You are such a sweetheart to repay a kindness.

Nanette Merrill said...

That is a cute picture. you're always doing things for others. I completely admire that in you. I love that about you. thanks for being a hero.

Eggs In My Pocket said...

That quilt is just breath taking! Truly a beautiful piece! Love that kitty!

Oiyi said...

Wow!!! That quilt is so pretty. My dog Napoleon likes to sleep on our clothes, too!! I think he likes the smell and feels close to us. He is such a lap dog.