Thursday, December 27, 2012

Guess Who's Home!

That's right - our little Lady come home this afternoon.  When our wonderful vet brought her into the room she ran straight across the table to Mr. Muddling and tried to climb right up his chest!  She was so glad to see him, and see how she's nestled into the crook of his arm on the way home?  That's where she stayed most of the evening.

Here she is showing off her semi-shaved legs (for IV antibiotics and other drugs).  Poor baby!  She's had a rough time, but she is determined to make up for it with lots of loving and spoiling.  I think we can handle it.  I'm just thankful she made it and that she's here with us where she belongs.
 
We did not do a big Christmas celebration this year.  We did have an extended family dinner here on Saturday before Christmas (We counted twenty-five people here in our small house.), but for Christmas day, we were pretty quiet.  I just had to show you though that our younger daughter knows how to shop online.  Look what I got in the mail - in three different packages on three different days - a grand total of 34 (!!!) Kaffe Fassett fat quarters.  Yippee!  They have now all been washed, dried, folded (and maybe petted just a little) and put away while I think of a really good use for them.  I do love his fabrics.
 
In the meantime, I've gone back to a project that's hit the back burner several times and done more cutting, sewing, pressing, cutting, sewing, pressing.  You know the drill.  Maybe this time I will actually get it finished.  One lives in hope!
 
Speaking of hope, I hope you had a marvelous Christmas and that you have lots of really good plans for the coming year.  I know I do!
 
Hugs and kisses and lots of love,

7 comments:

Karen said...

I am back from holiday and am just catching up on your news. I am so sorry to read that Lady was not well, but am delighted that she has recovered and is now home with you.
She looks very pleased to be home. Good luck!

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

So awfully glad to hear that Lady is back home where she belongs.

34 fat quarters? Wow! How awesome!

Unknown said...

I'm sooooo glad Lady is better:):):)

Thimbleanna said...

Oh no! Your baby has been sick! I would make a joke about whether a cat bit him, like my baby -- they both had IV antibiotics for Christmas! And lucky you -- those Kaffe fabrics will be so fun to use!

BJ said...

Very glad Lady is doing well! Hoping you made some special memories this Christmas and that everyone is healthy and happy. Happy New Year dear lady!

Sheila said...

Catching up on my blog reading. Good picture of lady. Looking good.
34 Kaffe Fassett! SCORE!

Nanette Merrill said...

We had a really nice Christmas having all our family together. Doesn't happen very often any more with them spreading out a little. Glad you had a nice Christmas. Quiet is good. Love the fabrics in your bed quilt. Those are beautiful pieces.