Sunday, April 21, 2013

Weekend Sewing





I've been cutting and sewing and sorting lots of fabric this weekend.

I finally found some of these flat little aluminum cookie sheets at a dollar store.  Two for a dollar!  They are really good for sorting and then can be stacked safely away.  Wanda at Exuberant Color is the one who gave me this great idea.

The first vintage Singer I bought has been busily humming away.

And there are beginnings of ideas on the design wall.

This book I picked up from the library SO inspired me.
 

I'm especially liking the looks of this one.
 

I had plenty of time to sew because the one my heart loves, Mr. Muddling, was not feeling at all well this weekend.  So we stayed in and he took it very easy.  When I wasn't taking care of him, I was nearby cutting and sewing and sorting.
 
The mugs above were a Christmas gift from my sister Carolyn.  I love them and I really love that scripture.
 
I did finish this pretty quilt, and I think I mentioned that I was not sure it would go to the boys' home.  I was right.  When I read this post at Patchwork Times I knew where it had to go.  I just need to get a label on it and it will be on its way.  My heart aches for all those who've been impacted by these terrible things that have happened lately here in our country. 
 
We also support, in a very small way, Mercy Chefs - a charity that goes quickly into ravaged areas and feeds those who need good and nourishing meals.  I appreciate the good that so many people do to help those who've been hurt.  It's just sad that so many feel the need to deliberately hurt others. 
 
 
This is a closer look at the border and binding fabrics, and the cloud fabric is the backing.
 
I hope you've had a good weekend and that the week ahead will hold only good things for you.
 
Hugs and kisses,

8 comments:

Empty Closet Quilting said...

What a great quilt. I'm sure someone will feel comfort and care when snuggling it!

Karen said...

I like the idea of using those trays to sort out blocks. Great finish for you r other quilt and a perfect destination.

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I love that quilt ... I'm sure it will bless someone in Texas.

And I love those mugs, too. I thought about trying to see if I could find some online, but then I realized - what would be the point? I don't drink coffee (or any other hot drink - ha!)

Anonymous said...

Great quilt! I think you are absolutely right about who might need it now!
Esther

Thimbleanna said...

Look at you -- off on another quilt again! You're such a sweetheart!

Eggs In My Pocket said...

That is a great idea for stacking and storing! Love the Mr. and Mrs. cups! What a lovely quilt. You are so talented!

Sheila said...

What a beautiful quilt, Elaine. Love this quilt pattern. I feel so sorry for that little town. So tragic. I'm sure your quilt will provide much comfort and warmth for someone.
Great pattern book. The churn dash quilt is on my bucket list, too.

Nanette Merrill said...

The trays are smart. The quilt is lovely. You are giving away the sweetest quilts.