Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Hmmmm.......

First of all:   progress - all of Part 1, half of Part 2, all of Part 3 and almost half of Part 4 complete of the Grand Illusion Mystery.

There are more components lined up and waiting by the sewing machine. I am excited to be this far along.

 I have no real confidence that I will catch up this week because there is just too much going on. And the big news is our baby girl Mary is getting in tonight from New York!!! All of our little family will be here in town for Christmas, and we will all be together for Christmas dinner!  

I've been working on another quilt, but I can't show you that one yet. The binding is cut and I will get it sewn on soon.

I got such a sweet gift in the mail from Sheila this week - a teeny tiny zipper pouch. Her work is amazing, and the Laurel Burch fabric is just so pretty!  Thank you so much, Sheila!  Your kindness touches my heart.  Sheila does some beautiful work and at this time of year it is really impressive when she completes all the projects she's been working on all year. 

I got this little "happy" from my sister Sue. I laughed right out loud when I opened it - a sock monkey strap minder! (You do remember how much I like sock monkeys, don't you?)
It is cold here (Don't laugh, Anna!), and the pets are all enjoying warm places to cuddle up, except for Chloe - I don't know where she is, but her toy mouse is waiting patiently for her.

I do love this time of year. There is a sweetness in most of the people I meet when I'm out and about that is not there all the time. Maybe at least some of us feel the love of God that He would send His only Son to earth to die for our sins.  I know I do! And I'm so thankful.

I hope you have a truly wonderful Christmas! Enjoy your loved ones. And remember the REASON for the season.

Hugs and kisses and lots of love,

6 comments:

Karen S said...

Well done on all the work you have done on the mystery quilt. That is wonderful.
How lovely to have family together for Christmas.
I do wish you all the best for a wonderful time.
Merry Christmas.

Sheila said...

I'm glad you liked it. You are welcome. Your sweet words make me blush. Thank you : )
I'm envious of your progress on Bonnie's Mystery quilt. I'll start mine next week. Too much Christmas sewing.
Those fur babies looks content, even with a mouse in the house. lol.
I hope we all pause to remember the reason for the season and have a safe and loving Christmas with family and friends. Merry Christmas, Elaine.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I'm so glad Mary will be home. this is a better weather travel year than most. Merry Christmas!!

MulticoloredPieces said...

Hi, Elaine. Glad to see you've got the holiday spirit. Seeing all your pieces lined up for sewing makes me want to get back to the machine right now! Wishing you a Happy Holiday Season!
best, nadia

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

So glad to hear that Mary will be home ... may you all have a blessed Christmas.

Thimbleanna said...

Now Elaine - I'm in OK and it's balmy LOL!!! I do understand though - I'm glad you'll be with your whole family - that will keep you warm and toasty! Merry Christmas Sweet Elaine!!!