Friday, March 13, 2015

Spring??



Technically, I guess it is Spring. I guess. Mostly it's been raining here. A lot. We are saturated. Good news is, I took the dogs outside a little while ago and I saw a clear sky with beautiful stars! And I can still see the prettiness out there from in here, and I can bring in a little of it to enjoy. It's just really messy outside.

Of course I have a new project. First of all I want to show you the backing fabric. Notice that copyright date - 1999! It is some that was given to me and I like it a lot. It's very soft.

Here it is all quilted and bound.

And here is the full view of the front of the quilt - a ten minute block. This one should have been oh, so quick to quilt, but my thread kept breaking. After re-doing lots of things and changing the needle, it did better.  Just took a little longer than I expected. I do enjoy these blocks. They are huge - almost twenty inches square - and go together very easily.


I am once again working on the Bonnie Hunter Grand Illusion mystery quilt tonight, or I was. But I noticed my machine was running slower and slower and slower, so I took it apart a bit and look what a mess! That is all cleaned up now, so hopefully it will be back to its usual perfection.  If not, Mr. Muddling is standing by to render aid!

I do hope you are having a wonderful weekend and that you are finding plenty to make you happy. With all its problems and challenges, it's still a wonderful life!

                                 Hugs and kisses,
                                     



8 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Yes it is finally spring, 60 degrees and getting warmer yet on Monday! The snow is almost gone, just the big piles left. I hope all of your rain means a green summer for you.

Karen S said...

Beautiful signs of Spring. The leaves are just starting to colour up here and the nights are cooler, so our Autumn is on the way.
The 10 minute blocks are a great idea. And they look wonderful in your quilt. Yes, the backing is gorgeous and it doesn't natter when it was made!
Enjoy your garden!

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Very spring-like here lately ... with another gorgeous day ahead. But It's a little early to say that it's spring. It's not all that uncommon to get more snow in the 2nd half of March. So I'm enjoying your little snippets of spring. ;-)

Thimbleanna said...

Oh Elaine, another beauty. I was so focused on the circles created by your quilting that it took me a few minues to notice the bow ties! And thanks for the reminder -- it's been AGES since I opened up my machine -- I'll bet it needs a little cleanout!

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Your blossoms are so pretty! The background fabric is so pretty and quilting it just gave it so much charm! You are working that machine into shape! We are also getting rain, but as you know, here we really need it. Have a good week!

Empty Closet Quilting said...

Early spring - at least their is some daylight when I finish working. Love that new quilt - I adore the curves!

Sheila said...

What beautiful pictures of spring! We have some flowers, but a freeze is in next weeks forecast.
Awesome quilting on the new quilt.

Susie Swanson said...

Spring has sprung here or so we thought. They're calling for freezes this weekend, go figure. Another gorgeous quilt you made there. Hugs, Blessings and much love, xo