Tuesday, May 12, 2015

A Little More Productive on the Quilting Front



I finished this quilt that our Pastor had requested for a lady at our church. She was very pleased with it, said it made her think of the garden she would like to have! Aren't these Phillip Jacobs flowers gorgeous!

The backing is this Jinny Beyer fabric, which looks perfect for it to me.

And my always favorite shot of any quilt - fresh from the washer and dryer, all crinkly in the morning sunlight! Doesn't it just make you want to cuddle with it?
Not a quilt, but still awfully pretty - these angel trumpets blooming in the back yard. They are blooming prolifically and early since we had such a mild winter this year.
Right now I am working on another quilt to donate to the USO lounge at the airport. You may remember that my two friends and I had donated nine quilts earlier. The volunteer coordinator requested more with patriotic colors the next time, so we are trying to oblige her.


If you have not visited Mary Johnson's blog, you really should. This is one of her free (my favorite word) patterns which are available on her MaryQuilts site. She has a number of these patterns that are compatible with the GO! Cutter, too. That really makes them go together quickly.


Here's my progress so far. The horizontal rows are sewn together.  Now I need to get them all connected. Isn't it a pretty pattern?  The stars look almost 3D, and the diagonal patterns that emerge are really nice, too!  Thank you Mary!

Speaking of nice, I have a very nice blog friend, Deb, who blogs as Wonky Girl. She and her husband live in Arizona and foster (and adopt) rescue poodles. The love they have for these mistreated dogs is so heartwarming, and even more heartwarming is to see the changes in the dogs as they stay in that loving environment. Just makes me happy to get a peek at the process. 

Anyway, I got a package in the mail from Deb yesterday. Devotional books, rotary cutter blades, and that is a huge piece of the mottled blue and a couple of pieces of very patriotic yardage!!! Oh, yeah, these will be used very soon. She also sent a lot of churn dash blocks already made. My friend Sandy is making that quilt. Sorry, I did not think to get a picture of them before they left. But they'll be back, and I'll show you then. Deb also included a piece of yardage that will go beautifully with those churn dash blocks as Sandy puts them together. Can't wait to see the finished product! Thank you so much Deb! You are a blessing!

I hope you, who are mothers, had a wonderful celebration of that on Sunday. I did. My children and darling husband treated me very well, as they always do. I am a blessed woman!

Whew!  That was a long one. Thank you for sticking around for the whole thing. Our God is so good to those who will trust Him. I do!

Hugs and kisses,

8 comments:

Sheila said...

Beautiful cuddle quilt! Patriotic quilt and fabrics, too. I was not familiar with the angel trumpet blooms. So cool! Thank you for sharing pictures.
Yes. I'm a fan of Mary's blog. Love her patterns.

Susie Swanson said...

Wow, you have been very productive and I love it. I love your Angel Trumpets. I used to have some and they died out. I'm so glad you had a nice Mother's Day. Blessings and love, xo

Eggs In My Pocket said...

So good that you had a lovely Mother's day! Such beautiful quilts! What a wonderful gift to get in the mail! Is that a pink trumpet vine? I have two small starts of trumpet vine......the red kind and they are growing well from all of the rain we have had. I hope this finds that you are safe from all of the storms that are crossing the country!

Eggs In My Pocket said...

So good that you had a lovely Mother's day! Such beautiful quilts! What a wonderful gift to get in the mail! Is that a pink trumpet vine? I have two small starts of trumpet vine......the red kind and they are growing well from all of the rain we have had. I hope this finds that you are safe from all of the storms that are crossing the country!

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I just love that star quilt you're working on. I miss our former neighbor's trumpet vine at our old house ... it was very close to our garage, so I'd always see it when I got out of my car. I'm glad you had a good Mother's Day.

Brenda Kay Ledford said...

I love the beautiful quilt you made for the lady at church. I'm sure she was very happy to get it. How very kind of you to make it for her. I just love the star quilt. Your trumpet vine is very lovely, too. I hope you and your family are safe from the storms raging across the country.

Wonky Girl said...

Well, this morning I was visiting Mary's blog (looking for easy quilt ideas). There was a link to your blog and that great patriotic top you are working on. Then seeing your finished quilt...... it is so beautiful, took my breath away! I just recently was introduced to those P. Jacobs prints on Face Book. Such wonderful fabrics, I want to order a kit of his some day. So glad you are able to use what I sent. As I said, makes me happy to share. BTW- your garden is so lovely, makes me want to relocate to TX. Husband said he would go too but we are stuck here because of house market being underwater.

Karen S said...

The finished quilt is stunning. Beautiful colours and the backing is great, too. This one is a favourite.
Aren't those stars lots of fun. I do regularly visit Mary's site and love her patterns.
How thoughtful of Deb to send her parcel. Very kind.