Saturday, June 27, 2015

A Tumbler Finish

I've had this tumbler quilted for a while now, just couldn't quite seem to get the binding done.
But today I've remedied that situation and it is done! How about these classic Thunderbirds for backing?

This Dancing Nines got quilted last night. I still need to trim and bind it.


I started work on this one, had it all laid out on the design wall, but a visitor to the sewing room decided to walk behind the design wall (Doesn't that sound fancy? It's just a piece of builders foam with batting on it. LOL!).  Those pieces are now webbed together so there will be no more accidents like this.

In case you wonder, the visitor was one of these innocent looking little darlings. 

And, if you look past the quilt you can see that the storage shed is coming along quite nicely. Mr. Muddling does good work! Maybe we can get the roof done next weekend. It has been a bigger job than we thought it would be. Isn't that always the way of things! It is going to be a wonderful thing for us though. We'll keep the yard tools in there instead of the garage. I had to sacrifice part of the fig tree. There just was not room for all of it and the shed, too. It seems to have forgiven me for the pruning it got. I just finished eating some fresh figs!

I'm trying to get quilts finished for both the USO and Quilts of Compassion.  My friend Sandy and I have a total of nine completed. Hopefully we'll finish a few more and get them out of here! It IS a blessing to me to have the means and opportunity to bless others with the work we do. I'm thankful for that.

I hope you're having a really good weekend and that there are things in your world that are making you happy!

Hugs and kisses,

6 comments:

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Wow, 9+ quilts - you and your friend are so generous with your talents. What size are those tumblers? I would like to make a tumbler quilt one of these days - so many quilts, so little time.

Sheila said...

You are very generous with your time and talents! I'm sure all those quilts will bring comfort and warmth to those that receive them.
Love the tumbler quilt and the binding color was perfect. Love the dancing nines, too. Another quilt pattern on my bucket list.
I don't know what happened to your design wall. Those fur babies look innocent to me. Hehe.

Thimbleanna said...

I love that new Tumbler quilt Elaine -- it looks great! you've been really busy to have NINE quilts done -- that's wonderful!!!

Karen S said...

Well done on finishing the tumbler quilt. It looks great. And great work getting the nines quilted as well. You have been busy. Yes, helpers in the sewing room make for interesting times. But we wouldn't change a thing!
The shed is coming along very nicely.

Empty Closet Quilting said...

I love your tumbler quilt! Your sewing room visitors made me laugh, I'm wondering if the offender just really had a strong opinion about the placement of your blocks. It's a super-cute quilt in the making.

Dasha said...

Lots of lovely scrappiness in that tumbler quilt, and I love what you have on (and off) the design wall. I have a design floor, and I almost always have a visitor who carefully rearranges what is laid out. LOL