Tuesday, January 5, 2016

A Brand New Year

I think this one edged over a little into 2016, but even a lot of the binding was put on in 2015, so I'm going to put it in last year's tally. I had thought this one would go to the USO here at our local airport, but my plans were changed, and I am always glad to get that little push as to where a quilt is to go. This one will be going to a missionary couple our church supports. 
They will be visiting with us this month, and they will have a little surprise to take back with them!

The backing is this nice warm flannel, and with the brown and white angled stripe, it has a more masculine side as well as the bright colorful side. I hope they like it as much as I do.

Here's my accomplishment picture for 2015:  34 quilts completed. Each and every one of them make me smile, and that's a good thing!


The quarter square stars quilt is loaded and the quilting has started. Maybe it will get finished tomorrow.


I've got the pieces cut out for a pastel and white quilt my sister asked me to make for her sister in law who recently lost her husband, the love of her life.

Here are the first couple of blocks completed.

We had such a good visit with Mary, but it ended all too quickly! She's about to make some cookies here. (My friend Margaret made this apron for me several years ago, and Mary wanted to look special while she cooked. Isn't it pretty!) We needed more cookies. I had mailed lots to family already, but we like to give some to our neighbors, too. And then, some were consumed by us. Hey, we had to be sure they were good!


I have no idea what Dinah is trying to say, but I do know that's a funny face!

Isn't it good to laugh! I try to do a lot of it every day. You know the Bible says that laughter doeth good like a medicine!

Hugs and kisses,

5 comments:

Sheila said...

BEAUTIFUL quilts! All of them special and made with love. Congratulations on a very productive year!
That's Dinah confused face. She's thinking, "More Cookies! You must be kidding. What about ME. What about some FISH!"

Karen S said...

Great last finish and I am blown away by the picture showing all you have done in one year. That is amazing. I have read about every one but still didn't realise how many you made!

Thimbleanna said...

Wow Elaine -- you put us all to shame! What a beautiful collage of all your projects this year -- Amazing! And a sweet picture of Mary -- isn't it sad that our children can live so far away from us? ;-( Happy New Year -- I know 2016 will have lots of quilts from Muddle Manor!!!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

You had a great year of finishes and a good start for this year.

We all NEED more cookies.....I sent a lot to family too but have a few in the freezer to pull out when I need a treat.

Anonymous said...

34 gorgeous quilts! You do beautiful work, my friend!