Friday, April 8, 2016

Bright Boxes and Piano Keys

This happy quilt got finished last night and took a turn in the washer. Today, it went through the dryer and outside for its portrait. It is really bright, but I like bright, and that's a good thing since it will live here.

The backing is this flannel plaid.

And here it is in place in the den. (Notice the dog toys on the floor.)

And yes, they immediately had to try it to be sure it would work. I think it met their approval. There are three dogs and two cats who live in our house It's a matter of self defense to keep as much of the upholstered furniture as possible covered with quilts. When those quilts are bright and happy - that's just a bonus!

Little views around Muddle Manor. The cat on the chicken rooftop lives (supposedly) next door. He likes it here, too. 

I have started a new little garden on the kitchen side of the house. I can see it while I'm at the sink. Doesn't make me like washing dishes any better, but it is pretty anyway. Mr. Muddling fenced off that side so no marauding chickens or dogs allowed. I'm hoping to get lots more done out there before the real heat of Summer gets here.

I bought an Orange Peel die for the Go! cutter a while back and cut out these retro chintz petals. I zig zagged them onto 5 inch squares of solid fabric and sewed them together. The plan (as I laughingly call it) here is to quilt it on the sewing machine for a wall hanging.  

Behind it is yet another project I've begun. You know how it is. There is a never-ending supply of quilts in my head trying to get out!

The weather here is beautiful. I hope you're having some pretty weather where you are, too. Have a great weekend and enjoy yourself!

Hugs and kisses,

9 comments:

Cranberry Morning said...

First off, I love that quilt! I like bright colors. And I see that the pups heartily approve. They're so cute! Have a nice weekend.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That quilt is so pretty. I like bright too. It looks like you made it exactly the right size for its location.

Susie Swanson said...

Beautiful, bright colors and I love the pattern. glad they approve. :)

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I love that quilt ... perfect for the spot you have for it. Good to know that your dogs have given it their approval. Ha.,

Sheila said...

I love your quilt. I'm a bright, colorful, scrappy quilt person, too. Didn't take long for the boys to lay claim to the new quilt.
Looking beautiful there in Texas. Tonight and tomorrow night will be freeing cold. Snow in the mountains. Thankfully we haven't planted anything, yet.

Wonky Girl said...

Hello E. ! What a fun quilt. Your pooches have great taste :-) Did you measure the sofa for the quilt to fit so well or was it a happy mistake ? (LOL) The backing will make it cozy for winter time. I miss our bantams outside my sewing porch. DH moved them all out front cuz the one little roo was crowing so early. Oh well, must get our beauty sleep !

Karen S said...

A wonderful finish on your bright quilt. I love how it looks hanging on your fence. And I am so pleased the dogs gave it their seal of approval immediately. It works well to brighten up the couch.
Good luck with the new garden ad the orange peel!

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Beautiful and vibrant and such a good way to decorate in your home! We all love our furry babies.........I also have dogs and cats in the home. Love how your dogs approve of your work! A kitchen garden is such a sweet idea! I completely know how it is. I had started one workbasket......full and now I have another work basket full of projects. Keep on creating!

Thimbleanna said...

Yay! A beautiful quilt that will stay with YOU! I feel your covered furniture pain -- we have to keep ours covered too -- otherwise the cat hair would kill me! Looks like you're on to more fun new projects -- never a dull moment!!!