Monday, October 31, 2016

Hello, There

I really wish I had something finished to show you, but I just don't. Here in the land of Muddle it is still very warm during the day, but we've had some cool nights, so the promise of Fall is in the air! Do you notice that my swing on the patio will even open up to be a bed? We won't talk about how much time I've wasted spent enjoying the lovely weather out there.

Buddy has completed all the injections to kill off the heartworms. Now we try to keep him contained and peaceful so he doesn't hurt himself until the are all dead!  He is the funniest thing to watch with a new bone. He is SO serious! You might be able to see Miss Chloe out on the patio giving him the evil eye. Our pets are just continually entertaining to me.

All of the 4 1/4 inch squares have been sewn into nine patches and then cut in half side to side and top to bottom, giving me four blocks from each nine patch.

I started sewing them together Saturday, but I haven't made a huge amount of progress.

These are still on the design wall.

And I probably have about half of the sashings sewn on the Dancing Nine Patches! Soon these will be going on the design walls. It will take both walls for this one!

This last part of the year always seems to fly by, doesn't it? There are so many things I want to get done.Time will tell how many of them actually happen. I'm going to try to have fun with it all anyway!  I hope you are doing that, too. Having fun. It's a good thing!

Hugs and kisses,

4 comments:

Brenda Kay Ledford said...

Your porch looks like a very nice place to relax. Buddy sure is a pretty dog. I hope he's feeling better now. I love your quilt. The pattern and colors are awesome!

Karen S said...

After the heat of Summer I always look forward to the cooler nights. I don't mind how hot the day is as long as the evenings cool down.
You may not have finishes but it looks like you have been busy stitching!

Thimbleanna said...

Well, there might not be much to show, but you're always working, working, working! Looks like a fun project. I can't believe how close we are to the end of the year already. I have so much to do still -- and no time!!! ;-8

Cranberry Morning said...

A promise of fall. Wow, our fall has come and gone with winter just a strong wind away. So sorry that poor Buddy had to be treated for heartworm. Hope he's done with the nasty things now. I too am quite entertained by our pets. They're such a gift.