Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Mike and His Drunkard's Path


Here is a little better look at the quilt I posted in my last epistle. I was inspired by Wanda's Bouncing Balls. I love reading Wanda's blog and seeing her artistry combining color and pattern. I, unfortunately, have not reached her level of color sense. Not even close, But I have fun anyway!

Mike has a diagnosis of Type 1 diabetes. According to all medical prognostications, he should have been dead long ago, but he's not and we are all glad!  Especially his sweet wife Tracey!  Mike has been having some new challenges lately and our pastor asked me to make him a quilt. Mike ONLY wears plaid shirts and jeans, so this seemed like a perfect fit for him, and sure enough he loved it. I am extremely thankful I can do this, make these quilts, to gladden hearts and comfort and hopefully always impart the love of God.

And yes, the JOY of the Lord is our strength. Even if you have to go down a drunkard's path to get it! 

You can't see it really well, but even the backing is men's shirting, a pinstripe this time.

I'm doing a little catch up blogging, so get ready, there will soon be another!

Hugs and kisses,

4 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

Another beauty Elaine! You are such a sweetheart to always come to the aid of people who need it!

Karen S said...

Making this quilt in plaids was a smart move. How perfect for the recipient! And it looks great.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Your plaid quilt is so beautiful! I am inspired by many of your quilts too!!

grammajudyb said...

I too am partial to plaid. What a great color and design combination!