Friday, August 18, 2017

The Red and Black Quilt

I have finally finished the red and black quilt for our niece! This has been a fun quilt to build. I will not even talk about how imperfect I have made it, but will say that a lot of love went into it.

The backing is a red tonal fabric and the binding is a red and black wonky stripe.

Love the crinkly-ness of it fresh out of the wash and dryer. We'll deliver this one tomorrow and I believe she will be pleased.

Here it is again, just sort of rumpled up on the porch swing. Doesn't it look cuddly?

We are hunkered down in the August heat here in Houston. Nothing new, you just have to live through it! Thank God for air conditioning!

As you can see, small chickens take up a good part of my attention these days. They are just endlessly amusing and entertaining to me.

My young friend Buddy is impetuous at all times and last month he rushed out past me, knocking my knee sideways. Not good. I've been going to physical therapy. Thank God, there is no major damage, just a strained tendon. No fun, but with continued diligence on my part to continue the exercises, all will be well.

I do hope all is well with you and that you have plenty to amuse, entertain and make you happy!

Hugs and kisses,

9 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

The red and black quilt is beautiful. It takes great restraint to stay with just 2 colors in a quilt. At least you can get variety among the many blacks, reds, and neutrals. It is almost impossible to get every point to match in a Kaleidoscope.

Karen S said...

That is a wonderful finish. this quilt has come up so well.
I do like the arrangement of the blocks - which by the way look fine to me!
This is a gorgeous gift.
Sorry to hear about your knee but pleased you are making good progress with your recovery. You do have to watch out for those energetic animals!

Sandy Panagos said...

Your niece is going to love that quilt. It's beautiful. I, too, really like the way quilts look (and feel!) when they come out of the dryer.

Thimbleanna said...

Awww, sorry to hear about your knee Elaine -- I hope it doesn't give you too much more trouble. Congratulations on another beautiful quilt -- it sure looks perfect from here!

Brenda Kay Ledford said...

Wow! This red and black quit is awesome. I love the design and colors! I sure hope your knee is better.

Eggs In My Pocket said...

The red and black is just beautiful! Hope that you knee is better.......but also thinking of you at this time with Harvey moving in. Stay safe dear friend!

Wonky Girl said...

Please let us know if you need anything, any help. Praying for Texas, for safety and miracles.

Sheila said...

Wow! Red, white and black, your quilt is awesome! Looks like a difficult pattern.
I have been watching hurricane and flood coverage in Texas and worry about my Texas sewing buddy. Be safe, dear.

Thimbleanna said...

Thinking of you Ms. Muddling -- hope you're doing ok and that you and hubby and all the animals are safe!