Friday, September 15, 2017

Patricia's Quilt

Patricia is a very sweet lady at our church. I've been promising her a quilt for some time now, and it is finally finished!
The backing is this delicious bright pink! I used more of it for the binding.
Our friend Patricia likes bright colors and lots of them! I think she will really enjoy getting acquainted with this quilt.
After its trip through the washer and the dryer. Doesn't it just look so cuddly? It is!

The pattern is one I've made several times before. I make four patch units all the time. Some, like these I join into sixteen patch units. I used the Go! Cutter to cut half square triangles (die #55031 4 1/2 inch) out of Kaffe Fassett and Philip Jacobs fabrics. I alternated white-on-white backgrounds with beige tone-on-tone backgrounds. The sashing is a Kaffe Fasset print and the aqua cornerstones ( 2 1/2 inch square) are mirage fabric from Connecting Threads. The outer border is also a Kaffe Fassett print. I am very pleased at how this one finished!

Pretty flowers outside are in short supply. All the heat followed by lots of water, followed by more heat has just about done it for a lot of them. The chickens, however, are still having a wonderful time!

I lost a little bit too much weight, so I am trying to get at least some of it back. Ice cream always helps.

That look on Buddy's face when I tell him he's not getting any of it! LOL!

With all its trials and struggles, life is still good, and there are always so many things for which to be thankful! I do hope you're having a really good week!

Hugs and kisses,

10 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Pretty, and yes it does look cuddly. Flowers are winding down here too mostly because we haven't had much rain for weeks.

Sheila said...

It's beautiful, Elaine! This star pattern quilt is on my list for next year. I pulled up my marigolds last week. They have been beautiful this summer. They don't seem to mind the heat, but they had played out.
Happy to see pictures of your chickens. Chickens are always fun to watch.

Sandy Panagos said...

That is a perfect quilt for someone who likes bright colors. I'm sure she will love it for a very long time. And by the way -- ice cream always helps everything!

Thimbleanna said...

Awwww, Poor Buddy. He needs some ice cream LOL!

You're such a sweetheart -- I love this quilt. I've always loved the pattern and your versions are always so pretty!

Karen S said...

Your quilt for Patricia is lovely and bright. Stars hit the mark every time. What a lovely gift.
Enjoy that ice cream!!

SuperMomNoCape said...

What a pretty quilt! She's going to love it!

grammajudyb said...

That's a great quilt for a touch of scrappy and yet a plan! I like it a lot!

Brenda Kay Ledford said...

Wow! Patricia is so blessed to have such a beautiful quit. I love the colors and the pattern. She will love it.

MulticoloredPieces said...

Hi, Elaine. Isn't Patricia lucky???? I LUV that border fabric (plus the patchwork). Gorgeous quilt! And so glad to hear that you made it through Harvey without damage. Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. It is always appreciated. best, nadia

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Elaine, I am so glad that the water stopped just at your drive entrance with Harvey........what a stressful time! Patricia is going to love that lovely quilt! I hope stress free and peaceful days stay with you the rest of this year!