Friday, October 27, 2017

Another Rail Fence Quilt for the USO

This quilt top has been finished for a while, I just needed to get the binding sewn on it. And that is now finally done! Yay!  This one will also be going to the USO Lounge at the local airport, but it does look pretty happy right now on that patio swing, doesn't it!

Here are views of it in all its cuddly-ness. The backing is a Waverly home decor fabric, a paisley, and the binding is a diagonal brown and white stripe. I'm pretty sure someone, or maybe lots of someones will enjoy napping under this one.

For some time now, I've been seeing the beautiful work done by Sheila at SewCookandTravel. I love how she uses the tiniest scraps of fabric to made pot holders. Yesterday, I got one of the beauties in the mail from her for my very own! This is the front and back sides of the same pot holder. Is it not gorgeous? Thank you so much, Sheila. Your kind, loving heart just blesses me!

Our son came by for lunch today and brought me these so cool Rottweiler socks! I do love happy surprises!

And in the sewing room, there is some sewing together of quarter square triangles happening. We have a cold front coming in tonight (not cold by some of your standards, but  by Houston's!).  

I do hope you're having a good weekend, so far. Even in times that are not always the most fun, there are always so many things for which to be thankful, and I am!

Hugs and kisses,

6 comments:

Sheila said...

Love your USO quilt! Looks soft and warm. Cute socks : )
I'm happy you are pleased with the pot holder. It's difficult to toss those little pieces of color, little chickens, flowers, turtles, little faces. The scrappy chaos isn't for ever one, but I think they are fun to sew.

Karen S said...

Another great finish and it looks wonderful.
Love your new socks!!! They will help you to stay warm.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats! on your newly completed quilt.

Brenda Kay Ledford said...

I love you rail fence quilt. It's beautiful. The socks are cute, too.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Scrappy pot holders and doggie socks are simply the best. You are so right that even in trying times, there are things to be thankful for.

Thimbleanna said...

Another wonderful USO finish Elaine! (Haha, I almost typed UFO -- which may have fit the bill, although I doubt it -- you always seem to get your projects done too quickly to end up as UFOs). Love those perfect-for-you socks!