Friday, December 8, 2017

Lisa's Quilt

This quilt is finished now and will hopefully be delivered tomorrow to our so-sweet Lisa, our son Larry's wife. She is such a blessing to us! 

The backing is this pretty rose print fleece. Since it is cold here right now (Don't laugh, Anna!), I'm glad it has this warm backing.

I picked a jelly roll of  2 1/2 inch strips from my batik strip bin and used a pattern called Teatime (Not in Bali) from a video tutorial done by the wonderful Donna Jordan of Jordan Fabrics. I changed up her layout a bit, but this is what it looked like when I first started putting it up on the design wall. It is always interesting to me to see how the quilts grow and develop as I go along. Muddling, you know!

It was fun and pretty quick to quilt after I figured out its final layout. I hope she likes it!

Now, I'm playing again with the quarter square triangle and 6 1/2 inch floral block layout I started a while back.
And, I've put some Winding Ways blocks up on the other design wall. I may just add a couple of borders and quilt this one. I have someone in mind who needs this one!
Here is an exciting to me picture of the beautiful variety of colored eggs our pretty chickens have started laying. 
I took this picture last month of our chickens apparently trying to bury themselves out in our garden! LOL! 

Believe it or not, we had snow last night and early this morning here in Houston! That is a very rare occurrence. Buddy and I stayed up to see the beginning of the snowfall, then we went to our cozy warm beds. We did not get a lot of snow, but there was still some on the ground and rooftops when we got up this morning. 

I hope there are lots of beautiful and exciting things going on in your part of the world. There is always so much to see and to be thankful for, isn't there?

Hugs and kisses,

2 comments:

Karen S said...

I think Lisa's quilt is a delight. It is so colourful and inviting. That is a special one.
The winding ways blocks look great, too. I really like that block.
I am impressed with the efforts of your chickens. Lots of breakfasts and baking in that collection.
I heard about the snow across one side of the country and of course the fires on the other side. Couldn't have a bigger contrast.

Thimbleanna said...

Haha -- Ok Elaine, you're definitely allowed that cold comment -- it snowed! In Houston!!! Do the chickens like the snow? Lisa's quilt is beautiful -- as they all are and I can't believe you've jumped right in to the next one -- no rest down there??? I will say, I'm not a fan of that chicken picture -- my first thought was Oh no! A fox got in the hen house! ;-8