Friday, May 11, 2018

A Friend Rediscovered

Mr. Muddling and I recently started attending a new church and were delighted to discover there a couple we had known years ago. We were not delighted to discover that Karen was fighting a return bout of cancer. 

I made this little quilt for her as a reminder that she is loved by so many people, and also as a quilty hug. Somehow there is just something so comforting about a quilt, isn't there!

This one went together really quickly and easily, always a good thing! Here's a look at the backing and binding. It seems a happy quilt to me, and I pray that it blesses her.
Lots of pretty things out there in the back yard of Muddle Land. It is already Summer here, but there are still times of day when it is so pleasant to be outside. I'm enjoying each and every one!

One of the Silver Laced Wyandottes longing to get into that garden!

This picture is a bit blurry, but I just had to share. Isn't it hilarious to see these two marching along in lock step!

Happy Friday! I do hope there is lots in your world to make you happy and maybe give you a laugh or two. 

Hugs and kisses,
Elaine

3 comments:

Susie Swanson said...

Beautiful quilt. I'm so sorry to hear about your friend and will be praying. I'm sure this quilt will give her much joy. I love your garden and the chickens. My mama always kept chickens and I miss that. Happy Mother's Day.

Kat said...

Beautiful quilt! I love the colors you chose!

Karen S said...

That is a lovely quilt. Gorgeous colours and a lovely backing.
Such a special gift for your friend.
Looks like the chickens are having a fun time in the garden. Everything looks like it is growing so well.