Friday, June 8, 2018

I Spy A Flowering Snowball

My sister Sue asked me to make a quilt for her service organization to auction in the Fall.


It was to be white and yellow with some of Sue's favorite, green.

I decided to make the Go! Flowering Snowball. There is a tiny little yellow square in the center of each flower. That counts, right?

I made up for it with a totally yellow backing and binding. I hope they raise lots of money with this one! It was fun to make. I was surprised how easily the blocks went together.
This was my inspiration picture. The Marguerite is the official flower of her service organization. If you squint just right, you may be able to see this in the quilt.  (Yes, I do make myself laugh all the time.) 


I even sewed a couple of little daisies into the quilt as I was quilting it.


It is Summertime and it is Houston, so of course it is hot. It's dry now, too, so watering is happening.

I like to let the chickens roam a little out in the yard when it is so hot. They've found that under the fig tree is the coolest spot out there!

I hope you're having a wonderful week and doing lots of things that make you happy! I am so thankful for this life.

Hugs and kisses,
 

10 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That seems to have been the perfect choice of pattern for this quilt. Very pretty! I love yellow and green together too.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on a gorgeous quilt finish!!

Karen S said...

This is a lovely result. A gorgeous finish. You said it went together easily, but it really does give the appearance of being quite difficult. love it in the greens.
Well done on the finish.

Unknown said...

Your quilt is beautiful !! Yes it does resemble those pretty flowers, well done.

Connie said...

I love your photos! The quilt is lovely.

Susie Swanson said...

Beautiful pattern and beautiful quilt. love your yard, chickens and flowers. it's been quite hot here as well. Take care and have a nice week. Love and Blessings.

Eggs In My Pocket said...

So vibrant and pretty! It has been very hot here as well.........but we got rain last night and early this morning.......such a relief! Love to see your little chickens in your flowers!

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

Such a happy and vibrant quilt! Just lovely. Always love to see your chickens running about! Stay cool!

Thimbleanna said...

Love it Elaine! Another beautiful quilt! Hope you manage to stay cool this summer -- it's been REALLY hot here, so you must be roasting!

Brenda Kay Ledford said...

Wow! What a beautiful quilt. I love the colors and the pattern. Your yard and chickens are lovely, too. I hope you'll get some rain to cool the hot, dry weather in Houston.