Saturday, August 11, 2018

Under the Sea


Our very dear niece asked me to make a Little Mermaid quilt for her. 
I found the Little Mermaid panel on ebay. There were some underwater pieces in my fabric collection, and they lined up to play along with some batik with a fishnet pattern. 
It took me a little while for it to come together in my mind, but after it did, I had a lot of fun making it.
Miss Janome came out to do the blanket stitch applique.  
And I found this perfect backing for it also in my stash. It has already been sent to its new home in Arizona, and I had a lovely picture sent me of our niece wrapped up in her new quilt with a big smile! I don't mind telling you it made my day.
My African violets are making me very happy there in the kitchen window. The roses and carnations came to me from my darling son a little over a week ago and are still quite pretty.

We've had a lot of rain this week and I don't mind one little bit. It has given us a delightful break from the heat and the dry we've dealt with for too long.

I hope you are having a good time where you are and finding lots that is making you happy!

Hugs and kisses,

5 comments:

Kathy said...

Love your quilt. I can't grow flowers. I end up killing them.

grammajudyb said...

Don't you just love "thank-you" photos! So fun when you can't be there! I don't have good luck with African Violets, but some others I can keep alive!

Karen S said...

Great result with the quilt. I think you have made a simple panel look very special. Love it when you have fabrics that can match.
I am pleased the weather has been pleasant for you. It does make life more agreeable.
Love seeing your violets, too.

Susie Swanson said...

The quilt is so beautiful and I love the pattern. I'm glad to hear you've got rain. We've had a few Autumn like days and I'm enjoying them so much. Hope you're having a nice week. Love and Blessings.

Connie said...

Hello from Connie (Cootie Bug). This quilt is amazing! I have a blog again but haven't been very good at keeping up with posting. I try but don't get it done. I'll keep trying tho. :)