Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Winding Ways Number 2

I posted Winding Ways Number 1 back in December. I fully intended to get the second one done soon, but life intervened.

Now, Number Two has been completed and delivered. The first went to the husband and this one went to the wife. Can you see the circles? Once you see them, they are always there. I love that secondary design!

Here it is in Ruthie's garden. The blocks, borders and binding are all made of batiks. The Go! Cutter makes it so much simpler to assemble. The pieces go together perfectly.

In the early morning light showing off its crinkly beauty.

The backing is this small red and white print. Altogether a happy and I think a pretty quilt. I like it a lot!

We were in the grocery store yesterday and they had some pretty little orchids. I had to get another.  Makes me happy to see such a lovely little bunch of blooms right there in my window.

I hope you're having a good week. We've been promised rain, but so far - nothing. Oh well. Life is still good anyway!

Hugs and kisses,

6 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I made one of the Winding Ways quilt tops but haven't been brave enough to sew the second small one together. They are so bulky where the point meet between blocks. I applaud you for getting them both done.

I love your orchid and you are right flowers at the window look so pretty.

We have been begging for rain for weeks now and finally a little tonight. It is supposed to continue through the night so I hope they are right this time.

Karen S said...

You know how much I enjoy that design and this one looks delightful too. Well done getting it finished.
And enjoy those orchids!

Eggs In My Pocket said...

The quilts are breathtaking! So lovely! You should enter them in the upcoming quilt show! Orchids are such lovely flowers! Rain would be good as long as it is not like Harvey for you last year! It has turned hot and dry here as well.

Susie Swanson said...

I love this pattern and the quilt is so beautiful. I also love the orchid. they are my favorite flowers. hope you have got some rain by now. Wishing you a nice week ahead . Love and Blessings.

Brenda Kay Ledford said...

Winding Ways No. 2 sure is a beautiful quilt. I love the pattern and colors. Your orchards are awesome!

Connie said...

I love your work, so beautiful. Love your orchids too. I have never tried to grow orchids but they are so lovely. <3 have a lovely day!