Tuesday, October 9, 2018

A New Joint Effort

Here it is fresh off the quilting frame. I had issues with my Tin Lizzie, and when I finally reached the people I had bought it from five years ago I found they had retired! I left a message and she called me back and gave me some suggestions for what the issue might be. Thank God, she was right and I was able to finish the quilting on this and the issue seems to be resolved. What a relief! I really appreciate their help. They did not have to help me. But they did..

My friend Sandy sewed the main part of this quilt and I did the borders, the quilting and the binding. It is such a blessing to have a good friend who enjoys being involved in these quilting adventures!

This is the final quilt we promised for the new boys camp our friends are starting. These three queen sized quilts will go into the retreat center planned for pastors and their families. They had asked for quilts that would be fitting for a ranch setting and I think all of these will. The backing on this one has a look of vintage denim. Very fitting!

You know I love that crinkly after washing and drying look!

I even like it in black and white.

I finished this little table runner last week. I had some leftover disappearing nine patches blocks from a long ago project, and backing fabric and batting still on the machine after my recent wall hanging, so it seemed fitting to use them all! I do hate waste!

I think I will work on some smaller projects for a while. There are always so many quilts in my head trying to get out! But that's a good thing. I'm never bored!

Hope you're having a wonderful week and that you're not bored either!

Hugs and kisses,

3 comments:

Susie Swanson said...

Oh how beautiful and I just love the table runner. isn't it amazing what we can do with the scraps as my mom used to call them. it's so good to have a friend to help sometimes. I know some boy will be so filled with joy to have this. Love and Blessings!!

Karen S said...

Another great finish. I think it is wonderful the way you can combine together to get your quilts done. Very special.

Sewing Junkie said...

I wish I had more time. Well I have time I don't utilize it well. The quilts are really nice. I like the soft feel after washing also. Chris