Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Two More Finishes

Mr. Muddling and I took SIX!!! quilts to the USO Lounge last week. This is the last of that bunch.
My friend Sandy pieced the top. I added the borders and quilted it.
 
The backing and the binding are this same brown print.
 
And here it is - all cuddly and crinkly! I think someone will surely enjoy cuddling under this one.
I made this one for our granddaughter. I've sent pictures to her and she is in a hurry to get here to get it!
 
It was a fun and easy quilt to make and I had a lot of fun doing it. The backing is this same gray print from the front and it is bound with Moda Bella Black. (Thank you Thimbleanna!) I have plans to use a lot more of that black, which is a good thing since I bought a bolt!
 
It looks pretty comfortable out on the swing on the patio!
 
The pattern is in this book. Pretty sure there will be more made from this book!
 
In a burst of organization a couple of weeks ago I cut lots of leftover fabrics into 2 inch strips with my Accuquilt Studio 2, a Christmas gift from the wonderful Mr. Muddling. I do love that man!
 
I think I may make a table topper with some of the blues.
 
We had to send off some parts of my longarm for a visit to Utah this morning. It seems that there is no one in the Houston area who services the Tin Lizzie machines. Fortunately the former owners of the quilt shop where we bought it gave us the contact information for a man who can and will work with us.  I  hope I don't go into withdrawal while it's away from home. Meanwhile, I can still make quilt tops and have more ready when it gets back!
 
How's your week going? With all its challenges and opportunities life is still good. I am thankful for mine! And thankful I was able to finish that quilt for our granddaughter before Lizzie quit on me!
 
Hugs and kisses,
Elaine
 
 
 

2 comments:

Karen S said...

Well done on the six quilts you were able to deliver. They will really be appreciated.
And I love the result with the quilt for your grand daughter. The grey background works so well with the lovely colours. I agree about the black binding - very effective.
And look at how organised you are with all those strips cut and ready.
I do hope your long arm is not out of action for too long.

Sheila said...

They will love your beautiful quilts.
Hope they repair your machine soon. Mine is and has been in the shop. I'm kinda on hold until it's back home.