Saturday, August 3, 2019

Happy Birthday to Me

No birthday is complete with stash enhancement, and I got a big boost in mine! I always wash fabric before using it, so that was the first step after it arrived. I am fortunate to have clotheslines in the garage to hang things, so no fading outside in the sun.
 
There was also a new red mug added.
 
I totally agree with the sayings on the front and back of this mug!
I am exceptionally blessed in my husband. Mr. Muddling encourages me in all I do, even adding more fabric! Got to love him.
 
I've been playing around with the two inch strips I cut last week from leftover bits and pieces. I found that the Go! Cutter die with the 5 inch long side of the triangle exactly fits those little nine patches to frame them. It's die number 55398, which is a 4 1/2 inch finished quarter square triangle if you're interested. 
 
Nice little stack of them pressed and ready. The fabrics I used for the triangles of both light and dark are from the new acquisitions! Got to put them to work at once.
 
I'm going to make a small table topper of these, and there will still be some left over for "quilt seeds" (thank you for that saying, Wanda!) for another project.
 
I am waiting patiently for my Tin Lizzie to be up and running again. No word yet, but I live in hope!
 
I hope you're having a wonderful time where you are! God is so good to us all.
 
Hugs and kisses,
Elaine
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

Karen S said...

Happy Birthday wishes to you. And what a lovely way to celebrate - with new fabric. I hope you had a wonderful day. Cheers and best wishes.
Great to see those 9 patches coming together. They look great set inside the squares. Thanks for the details on the sizes for the Go also.