Thursday, November 7, 2019

Nevertheless



I ran across a project I had started a while back. Actually it was two different ones. So, I took the four patches I had completed for the first project and used them in the other project, the Bonnie Hunter Celtic Solstice mystery quilt. I also altered one of the blocks. And it is now half way done. But I got a little discouraged about it, so I took it down off the design wall and went back to this one.
I don't have a picture for it, but the rows are all sewn together horizontally. Maybe I'll get the vertical seams done tonight. I have most or maybe all of the border strips cut. I'm planning to use two sets of borders to make it a king size quilt.  This is my second Sew Many Strips, an American Patchwork and Quilting quiltalong from last year. I have already made one of these and it is very happy on our bed! This one will be for our son and daughter in-law.

I know I have been absent for too long. I have been busy as you can see, but I've also had a cataract surgery, which is no big deal. What I didn't realize is that when I had the partial cornea transplant last year it caused my vision not to be correctable to a full 20/20. I know now, and I've dealt with that news, but I am not happy. I know it could be worse though, so I'm thankful.

We have a rainy day today and a cool front moving in again. Here's a little peek at what's been going on around here in the back yard. Still lots of pretties out there!

This little side yard, Ruthie's Garden, is the only attractive place in the back yard. I have let the chickens roam outside a lot this summer. I felt sorry for them in the heat, but they have pretty well destroyed every blade of grass. You can see them in the photos above , but believe me - I was watching them!

I hope you're having lots of fun and pretty things going on in your world! God has blessed us all so much!

Hugs and kisses,
Elaine

5 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I would love to see green grass and flowers blooming, but with highs in the 20s and 30s it is long gone here. The Christmas cacti have buds though so the indoor garden is getting ready to bloom.

Your good eye will balance your eyesight but you will probably need glasses and I don't know if you already wear them. My eye that had radiation treatment is blurry and I can't read with it alone but with both eyes together I hardly notice I have a problem. God figured out that one for us.

Karen S said...

Lovely to see the quilts you have been working on. We do tend to jump from one to the other when the mood takes us.
I can understand how frustrating it must be with your eyes. I hope you can get used to it eventually.
All the best.

Wonky Girl said...

Oh girl, sorry about the eye problem. Prayers it will heal better.
Your Bonnie Hunter blocks are great. Maybe just turn it into a smaller lap quilt to get it finished ?
You've been sewing up a storm on that Sew Many Strips top. How many more after this one ? (LOL)

Sheila said...

Your quilts in progress are beautiful. Often I turn large quilts in progress into laptop quilts or baby quilts.
Your pictures of Ruthie's Garden are beautiful. My chickens love to free range, but we have coyotes. A large gray adult coyote ran into the midst of about five of my girls while me and one of my sons were outside with them. We shooed Mr Coyote off and got the ladies inside the poultry pen before anyone was hurt.
I'm so sorry to hear about your vision, dear one. Working through the challenges of getting older is sooooooo challenging. Take care of yourself.

Thimbleanna said...

Oh Elaine, this new quilt looks so pretty -- and SOOOO many pieces! Sorry about your eyes. I hope your adjustment won't take too long!