Friday, November 15, 2019

Two New Quilts!!!!

I got the neutral jelly roll race quilt done! I was not at all sure I liked it, but now that it's done - I do! This one will be going to the USO Lounge at the local airport.  I need to get more made for them. It's cold.

Here it is again, half in sun, half in shade. 

I think this one will go to a little friend of mine. It looks a little too girly to send to the USO, don't  you think?
This block is Sisters Choice. I love how each block looks different according to where you put the values.
Here it is again in some dapple-y sunshine. It is a happy quilt!

Speaking of happy - that's what I was with some freshly baked pumpkin-cranberry bread and a nice hot cup of tea! Mr. Muddling was pretty happy with his share, too.

We've had some cold weather here (for Houston anyway), but even though it was cold and dipped below freezing we did not have much damage to the plants outside. It will happen, but it hasn't yet! I do love seeing all the pretty babies growing out there.

Hope you're starting a wonderful weekend!  

Hugs and kisses,
Elaine





4 comments:

Sheila said...

Wow! Two beautiful quilts, Elaine. I don't usually care for quilts made with browns ... but I like this one. Both will be loved, I'm sure : l

Karen S said...

Two very different but wonderful quilts. Love the way you have used the jelly roll quilt. That is really very effective with the dresden applique.
The second quilt is really interesting. I did not realise at first that all the blocks were the same design. But when you pointed it out that made a lot of sense. Great end result. And a gorgeous gift.

Brenda Kay Ledford said...

I love these two new quilts. They are so colorful and beautiful.

Wishing you and your family a very Happy Thanksgiving.

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Your pumpkin cranberry bread looks and sounds so good! I love love your quilts! Wishing you a happy Thanksgiving!