Thursday, April 23, 2020

Glorious Spring

One of the first things that tells me Spring is truly here is those tiny little figs appearing on our fig tree. I eagerly look forward to the day they will start to ripen. We had to prune quite a bit of damaged wood from the tree in the Fall, so there will probably not be as many figs as usual. That won't stop me from loving those that do appear!
 
Getting our garden up and running again for another season is another thing that brings me joy. Mr. Muddling and I got all the tomatoes tied up and the cucumber vines trained up their strings. Lots of anticipation here, too.
 
A very pleasant fragrance refreshed us as we worked out there - the jasmine in full bloom!
 
Lots of pretties out in our very own back yard. It is not very big, but it is absolutely full of things we love.
 
I picked the borders for the friendship star variation quilt, got them sewed on, and the quilt quilted and bound.
 
And here it is out in the back yard! I just needed a bright colorful quilt and this one filled the bill.
 
I hope you have a full measure of things to delight you, too. This is a beautiful world the Lord has given us to enjoy. Even with the challenges we've all had to face recently - life is still good! And I am thankful.
 
Hugs and kisses,
Elaine
 
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

Karen S said...

Lovely to see your garden enjoying the Spring sunshine. Everything looks like it is growing well.
And another delightful quilt. That has to be one of my favourite star designs. I enjoy the patterns these blocks make.
Such a bright and cheerful quilt.

Thimbleanna said...

Ohmygosh -- I thought you were going to say that you chose the borders for your quilt and were attaching them -- but no -- you're finished! What a pretty little quilt -- bright and cheery! Your garden is looking beautiful too! We're still a few weeks away from enjoying much outside -- it's still pretty chilly. Have a great week!

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Your cheerful post is wonderful! My husband's grandmother had fig trees and she made the best strawberry fig jam. I have made it using the fruit from her trees. She passed away years ago.....and we have tried to grow our own fig tree without success. Do you make any special dishes with your figs? As always your quilt is lovely and cheerful . And how right your are about our beautiful world the good Lord has given us. Stay safe and well