Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Neverending Turkey


Not really, but it sure seems like it sometimes!

We are having some lovely cooler weather right now, so on Sunday I put a turkey I had bought on sale earlier in the oven to cook while we were at church. Then, when we came home, it was a simple matter to heat up some dressing from the freezer, some succotash, gravy, and voila! a nice little dinner,


complete with some strawberry/banana jello.




Then, Sunday night after church, we had grilled turkey and cheese sandwiches.




Monday, for dinner it was steamed stir fry vegetables with turkey over rice.





This was really good, and for dessert we had the simplest thing in the world to make - a dump cake. I just put a can of cherry pie filling in a cake pan, "dumped" a dry yellow cake mix on top of it and dotted it with pats of butter. Bake at 350 degrees until bubbly and you get a delicious finish to your meal.




Today we had some MORE turkey, cubed, cooked slowly with diced Italian style tomatoes, served over spaghetti noodles, with coleslaw and a wheat roll.




Okay, I'm through now. The rest goes in the freezer.


I think I may have overdone it. I'll wait a while before having turkey again :)!

Have a great evening.

~Elaine~

3 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

Turkey is awesome! You can have it a million different ways -- and yours all look great. (Well, ok, except maybe for that succotash thing LOL.) And you forgot the pineapple in your dump cake. I ADORE dump cake -- SO easy and SO GOOD!!!

Annie said...

Yummmmm you're making me hungry!

Oiyi said...

Wow, you made a lot of great turkey meals!