Monday, September 29, 2008

Returning to Normal (Whatever That Is!)


I've been out early this morning clearing the last of the storm debris off the street in front of our house. Big trucks and "scooper-upper-things" have been going through the neighborhood hauling off the tree parts we all stacked in front of our houses. It is SO good to have it all gone! Glory to God! The adjuster comes tomorrow bright and early and then hopefully we can get back to our regularly scheduled life!
Before all this happened I had almost completed this new quilt top. All it needs is sashing.

I'm thinking of backing it with this fleece. I love the geishas. This will be a new thing for me, I haven't used fleece as a backing before. We'll see how it goes.


I've painted this old armoire a sage green. (I know it looks gray, but trust me on this - it's green.) ;) It's in what is now our spare room, and I'm thinking I can use it to store some of the fabric I have acquired. Right now it is squirrelled away all over the place.


I just had to do something more active than sewing. Hence the long overdue renovation of that room! Don't you find that when you're all stressed out it's good to just do something violent? (Only not the kind of thing that will get you arrested.) :)


We went to a celebration for our niece Saturday night. She graduated from college! She's a single mom with two beautiful daughters, and I'm sure it wasn't easy for her. Everyone is so proud of her!



Have a great afternoon!

Hugs and kisses,


No comments: