1) Teenage brains do not work properly. I am pretty sure that there is scientific evidence to support this assertion.
2) You will have to decide to pick your battles. Those absolutes you held onto? Your line in the sand? Forget about it.
3) There is a reason they have grown bigger and stronger than you. It is a survival mechanism. Face it, they are just too big for you to bury the body alone.
4) You will want to turn everything into a life lesson. Resist the urge.
5) You will question your sanity.
6) You will hear your own parents voice coming out of your mouth. At times it will shock you. Heck, I'm not even a parent and I say things my parents said.
7) They will make you laugh in spite of yourself. And that's the one that ties it all together and makes it all worth it. It's all temporary, be patient, it will all come together in the end.
Copyright © 2010 by Frank Lozano Photography
I especially liked number three. LOL